跟著卷福學英語(五十一)The Reichenbach Fall

Woman A:Why today?為什么今天來了?


W:Do you want to hear?me say it?你想要聽我說出來?

Woman A:18 months since our?last appointment.距離你上次診斷已經過去一年多了。

W:You read papers?你讀報紙嗎?

A:Sometimes.有時候。

W:And you watch telly?You know why?I’m here. I’m here because…那你也看電視嗎?你知道我為什么來這里,我來這里是因為。

A:What Happened, John?發生什么了約翰?

W:Sher…夏…

A:You need to get it?out.你需要說出來。

W:My best friend?Sherlock Holmes…is dead.我最好的朋友夏洛克福爾摩斯死了。

Man A:Falls of the?reichenbach。Turner’s masterpiece. Thankfully recovered, owing to the prodigious ?talent of Mr Sherlock Holmes. A small token of our gratitude.萊辛巴赫瀑布。特納的杰作,多虧了福爾摩斯先生得以尋回。

S:Diamond cufflinks…?All my cuffs have buttons.鉆石袖扣,我的襯衫袖口都有扣子了。

W:He means thank you.他是說謝謝。

S:Do I?我說了嗎?

W:Just say it.說就是了。

S:Thank you.謝謝。

W:Hang on.等等。

Man B:Back together with?my family, after my terrifying ordeal. And we have one person to thank for my ?deliverance…Sherlock Holmes.終于一家團聚,在我經歷了恐怖的綁架之后。同時,我需要感謝一個人夏洛克福爾摩斯先生。

S:Tie pin. I don’t?wear ties.領帶夾,我從來不戴領帶。

L:Peter Ricoleti… Number one on Interpol’s most wanted list since?1982. Well, we got him, and there’s one person we have to thank for giving us?the decisive leads. With all his customary diplomacy and tact.彼得.瑞克萊蒂,自1982年起就占據了國際刑警通緝名單榜首。我們抓住了他,我們必須感謝這位為我們提供了決定性線索的人。多虧了他慣用的那些手腕和才智。

W:Sarcasm.反話。

S:Yes.可不是。

L:We all chipped in.我們都出錢了。

J:Put the hat on. Put?the hat on.把帽子戴上。

L:Yes, Sherlock, put it?on.對,夏洛克,戴上吧。

W:Just get it over?with.就應付一下吧。

S:Boffin Sherlock?Holmes.技術專家夏洛克福爾摩斯。

W:Everybody Gets one.每個人都有。

S:One what?一個什么?

W:Tabloid nickname. SuBo,?Nasty Nick. I’ll probably get one soon.小報綽號。蘇珊大媽,陰險尼克。也許我很快就會有一個。

S:Page five, column six,?first sentence. Why is always the hat photograph?第五頁,第六欄,第一句。為什么非要登戴帽子的照片?

W:”Bachelor John?Watson. ”單身漢約翰華生。

S:What kind of hat is?it?這算什么帽子?

W:”Bachelor” What the?hell are they implying?“單身漢”他們到底在暗示什么?

S:Is it a cap?Why has it?got two fronts?這算帽子嗎?為什么兩邊都有檐?

W:It’s a deerstalker.?“Frequently seen in the company of Bachelor John Watson. ”這是獵鹿帽。“常與他如影隨形的是單身漢約翰華生。”

S:Stalk deer with the?hat. What are you going to do, throw it?獵鹿用的帽子?怎么用,扔著玩?

W:”Confirmed Bachelor?John Watson. ”“已經證實約翰華生是單身漢。”

S:A death Frisbee.獵殺飛盤。

W:This is too much, we?need to be more careful.這太過分了,我們得小心了。

S:It’s got flaps. Ear?flaps, it’s an ear hat, John. What do you mean, more careful.上面還有垂檐。這是遮耳帽,約翰。你說小心點是什么意思?

W:I mean, this isn’t a?deerstalker now, it’s Sherlock Holmes hat. I mean you’re not exactly a private?detective anymore. You’re this far from famous.我是說,這已經不是獵鹿帽了,這是夏洛克福爾摩斯的帽子。也就是說你不再是個私家偵探了,你就快成名人了。

S:It’ll pass.會過去的。

W:It better pass. The?press will turn, Sherlock. They always turn and they’ll turn on you.最好能過去,媒體風向會變,夏洛克。他們總是變來變去,他們會轉過來針對你。

S:It really bothers?you.你真的這么在意?

W:what?什么?

S:What people say.人們的看法。

W:Yes.是的。

S:About me? I don’t?understand. Why would it upset you?是對我的看法,我不懂你為什么會心煩?

W:Just try to keep a?low profile. Find yourself a little case this week. Stay out the news.盡量保持低調就對了。這首找點小案子吧,別再上新聞。

W:That’s your phone.你的電話響了。

S:It keeps doing that.一直響個沒完。

W:So, did you just?talk to him for a really long time?那個你跟他長談過了嗎?

S:Henry Fishguard never committed suicide. Bow Street runners missed?everything.亨利費什加沒有自殺。那些倫敦警探什么都看不出來。

W:Pressing case, is it?這案子挺急的吧?

S:They’re all pressing?until they’re solved.沒解決的案子都急。

Man B:Put your key back?please. Thank you. Excuse me, Sir. Any metal objects, keys, mobile phones? You?can go through.請收好您的鑰匙,謝謝。抱歉先生。有金屬物品嗎?鑰匙手機?

Man C:Fancy a cuppa then,?mate?要來杯茶嗎,兄弟?

Man D:Yeah, why not?好啊,當然了。

Man E:Gilts at seven. Dutch?Telecoms in free-fall. Thank you, Harvey.國債收益為七,荷蘭電信暴跌。謝謝,哈維。

Man F:What do you say?Refuse them?all parole and bring back the rope?Let’s begin.你說這樣好不好?拒絕所有假釋申請,并恢復死刑?開始吧。

Information:This is an?emergency. Please leave.緊急情況,請離開。

Man G:Sir, I’m going to?have to ask you to leave.先生,我必須請您離開。

D:Sir, there’s been a?break-in.長官,有非法闖入案件。

L:Not our division.不在我們的職責范圍。

D:You’ll want it.你肯定不想放過。

Man E:The vault.金庫。

L:Hacked into the?Tower of bloody London’s security?How?!Tell them we’re on our way.居然黑了倫敦塔安保系統,怎么可能?

D:There’s been another?one, another break-in. Bank of England.又有一起,還是非法闖入。

Man H:Sir! Security’s?down, sir. It’s failing.長官,安保系統壞了,失靈了。

L:What is it now?現在什么情況?

D:Pentonville Prison.本頓維爾監獄。

L:No!不是吧!

M:No rush.不著急。

W:I’ll get it, shall I?Here.我來看看吧。給你。

S:Not now. I’m busy.現在沒空,忙。

W:Sherlock…夏洛克

S:Not Now!沒空!

W:He’s back.他回來了。

L:That glass is?tougher than anything.那玻璃比什么都堅硬。

S:Not tougher than crystallized?carbon. He used a diamond.但比不上碳晶體,他用的是鉆石。

最后編輯于
?著作權歸作者所有,轉載或內容合作請聯系作者
平臺聲明:文章內容(如有圖片或視頻亦包括在內)由作者上傳并發布,文章內容僅代表作者本人觀點,簡書系信息發布平臺,僅提供信息存儲服務。

推薦閱讀更多精彩內容