前景提要:卷福朝著正確的方向調查,終于發現了“巨型獵犬”的真正含義,就是獵犬計劃,那么這個幕后黑手到底是誰呢?
S:Project HOUND. A new?deliriant drug which rendered its users incredibly suggestible. They wanted to?use it as an anti-personnel weapon, to totally disorientate the enemy using?fear and stimulus. But they shut it down and hid it away in 1986.獵犬計劃,一種新迷幻藥,讓使用者極易受暗示,他們想用它作為殺傷性武器,用恐懼和刺激,徹底迷惑敵人。可1986年他們把計劃停止并藏了起來。
Stapleton:Because of what it?did to the subjects they tested it on.因為它對實驗者的影響。
S:And what they did to others. Prolonged?exposure drove them insane. Made them almost uncontrollably aggressive.還有實驗者對其他人的,長期被迫攝入讓人發瘋,攻擊性幾乎無法控制。
W:So, someone's been?doing it again? Carrying on the experiments?這么說,有人又開始用它了,繼續試驗?
S:Attempting to refine?it, perhaps. For the last 20 years.也許是想改良它在過去20年
Stapleton:Who?是誰?
W:Those names mean?anything to you?這些名字你聽過嗎?
Stapleton:No, not a thing.不都沒有聽過
S:Five principal?scientists. 20 years ago. Maybe our friend's somewhere in the back of the?picture? Someone old enough to be there at the time of the experiments in 1986? Maybe somebody who says "cell phone" because of time spent in?America? You remember, John? Hm-mm. Here's my, uh, cell number. He gave us his ?number,in case we needed him. 5名重要科學家,20年前也許我們的朋友站在后面?年紀足以在1986年參與實驗?也許用美語說"手機"因為在美國待過,你有印象嗎,約翰?留著我的手機(美語)號碼,他給我們手機號,有事好找他。
Stapleton:Oh, my god, Bob?Frankland. But Bob doesn't work on...He's a virologist. This is chemical?warfare.上帝啊,鮑勃·弗蘭克蘭,但鮑勃不參加...他是病毒學家。這是化學戰爭
S:That's where hestarted, though. He's never lost the certainty, the obsession that that drugreally could work. Nice of him to give us his number. Let's arrange a littlemeeting.他的研究就是從這里開始的,他從沒放棄過,一直執著堅持這藥能用,還好他給了我們號碼約他開個小會吧。
W:Hello? Who's this?喂?你是誰?
M:You've got to find?Henry.你們必須找到亨利。
W:It's Louise?Mortimer.是露易絲·莫蒂默。
M:Louise, what's?wrong? Henry was, was remembering. Then... He tried... He's got a gun, he went?for the gun and tried to...露易絲,什么事?亨利記起了什么,然后...他開始...他帶著槍,他拿槍出去要...
W:What?什么?
M:He's gone. But?you've got to stop him, I don't know what he might do.他出去了,可你們必須制止他,我不知道他想做什么。
W:Where, where are?you?你在哪兒?
M:His house. I'm OK.?I'm OK.他的家,我還好,還好。
W:Right, stay there. We'll?get someone to you, OK?在那里呆著,我們派人過去,好嗎?
S:Henry?亨利?
W:He's attacked her.他攻擊了她
S:Gone?跑了?
W:Hm.嗯
S:There's only one?place he'll go, back to where it started. Lestrade? Get to the Hollow. Dewer's?Hollow, now! And bring a gun.他只會去一個地方,事情的原點。雷斯垂德?馬上去德沃谷,帶上把槍。
H:I'm sorry. I'm so?sorry, Dad.對不起,對不起,爸爸。
S:No, Henry, no, no!?Get back!不,亨利!不,退后。
H:Get away from me!離我遠點。
W:Easy, Henry, easy.?Just relax.沒事的,亨利,放松。
H:I know what I am,I?know what I tried to do.我知道我是什么,我知道我想做什么。
W:Just put the gun?down, it's OK.快把槍放下沒事的
H:No, no! I know what?I am!不,我知道我是什么。
S:Yes, I'm sure you?do, Henry. It's all been explained to you, hasn't it? Explained very carefully.我相信你知道,亨利。有人全部解釋給你聽了不是嗎?小心地解釋了。
H:What?什么?
S:Someone needed to?keep you quiet, needed to keep you as a child, to reassert the dream you both?clung on to, because you had started to remember. Remember now, Henry, you've?got to remember what happened here when you were a little boy.有人要堵住你的嘴,把你留在童年重復你們倆的噩夢,因為你已經開始記起了,回憶,亨利,你得想起你小時候在這里發生了什么。
H:I thought it had got?my dad. The hound. I thought... Oh, Jesus! I don't...I don't know any more!I?don't!我以為它殺了我爸爸,那獵犬,我以為...上帝啊,我不知道,我再也不知道了。
W:No, Henry!不,亨利。
S:Henry, for God's?sake! Henry, remember. "Liberty In." Two words. Two words a?frightened little boy saw here 20 years ago. You'd started to piece things?together. Remember what happened here that night. It wasn't an animal, was it,?Henry? Not a monster. A man.看在上帝份上,你想想自由和印這兩個詞,20年前受驚小男孩看到的詞,你得把片段湊在一起,想起那晚在這里發生了什么,不是動物,對吧,亨利?不是怪獸?是一個男人。
S:You couldn't cope. You?were just a child. Then you started to remember, so you had to be stopped. Driven?out of your mind so that no-one would believe a word that you said.你無力承受你只是個小孩,可你開始想起真相了得制止你,把你逼瘋,就沒人會相信你的話了。
L:Sherlock!夏洛克。
W:It's OK. It's OK,?mate.沒事的,沒事,伙計。
H:But we saw it, the?hound, last night. We did, we s...但我們見到了,昨晚見到了獵犬...
S:No, but there was a?dog, Henry, leaving footprints, scaring witnesses, but nothing more than an?ordinary dog. We both saw it, saw it as our drugged minds wanted us to see it. Fear?and stimulus, that's how it works. But there never was any monster.沒有,但有條狗,亨利,留下足跡,驚嚇目擊者,但是和普通狗沒兩樣,我們都看到了,是被下藥的大腦讓我們看見,恐懼和刺激,這就是原理,可是從來就沒有怪物。
W:Sherlock?夏洛克?
H:No! No, no, no,?no!Henry, Henry... Sherlock! No, no! No, no, no, noooo!不,不,亨利,夏洛克不要,不要。
S:Henry.亨利。
W:Sherlock, are you?seeing this?夏洛克,你看到了嗎?
S:Right, he is not?drugged, Sherlock, so what's that?好吧,他可沒被下藥,夏洛克,那是什么?
W:Oh, oh, no! What is?it?!不要,那是什么?
S:All right, it's?still here. But it's just a dog, Henry. It's nothing more than an ordinary dog.好吧它還在,只是條狗,亨利,就是條普通狗。
L:My god!上帝呀。
S:It's not you, not?you! The fog.不是你,不是你,是霧。
W:What?什么?
S:It's the fog, the?drug, it's in the fog! Aerosol dispersant, that's what it said in the records. Project?HOUND, it's the fog! A chemical minefield.藥物就是霧,在霧氣里,氣溶性擴散,記錄上有記載,獵犬行動,是霧,生化雷區。
H:For God's sake, kill?it! Kill it!看在上帝份上,殺了它,殺了它。
S:Look at it, Henry.快看,亨利。
H:No, no, no.不要。
S:Come on, look at it!快看。
H:You bastard. You...bastard!?20 years! 20 years of my life, making no sense!你這個混蛋,你這個混蛋,20年,讓我20年的生命都失去意義。
W:It's all over now, come?on.好了,都結束了。
H:Why didn't you just?kill me?怎么不直接殺了我?
S:Because dead men get?listened to, he needed to do more than kill you. He had to discredit every word?you ever said about your father. And he had the means right at his feet. A?chemical minefield, pressure pads in the ground, dosing you up every time that?you came back here. Murder weapon and scene of the crime all at once. Ha ha,?oh, this case, Henry. Thank you. It's been brilliant!因為死人的遺言仍有人信,他不能把你一殺了之,他必須詆毀你說的關于父親的每一句話,方法就在他的腳下,生化雷區地上有承壓墊,每次你回來就給你下藥,殺人武器和犯罪現場合為一體,哈哈,瞧這案子,亨利,多謝你了,實在太棒了。
W:Sherlock.夏洛克
S:What?什么?
W:Timing.注意時機
S:Not good?這樣不好?
H:No, no, it's OK. It's?fine. Because this means... this means that my dad was right. He'd found?something out, hadn't he? And that's why you killed him, because he was right, and?he'd found you right in the middle of an experiment!沒關系,因為這代表著...代表我爸爸是對的,他發現了什么不是嗎?這就是你殺他的原因,他是對的,他發現了你正在做實驗。
S:Frankland! Frankland!?Keep running. Come on, keep up! It's no use, Frankland.弗蘭克蘭,弗蘭克蘭,繼續跑,繼續跑,沒有用的,弗蘭克蘭。
W:Thanks, Bill.謝謝,比爾。
S:So they didn't have?it put down then, the dog? Obviously.所以他們沒把狗安樂死?顯然。
W:I suppose they just?couldn't bring themselves to do it.估計他們終究狠不下心。
S:I see.我明白了。
W:No, you don't.你不明白。
S:No, I don't. Sentiment?對,我不明白,重感情?
W:Sentiment.重感情。
W:Listen, what?happened to me in the lab?我在實驗室里到底怎么了?
S:Do you want some?sauce with that?你想加點調味汁嗎?
W:I hadn't been to the?Hollow. How come I heard those things there? Fear and stimulus, you said?我沒去山谷,怎么也能聽到那些聲響?恐懼和刺激,記得嗎?
S:You must have been?dosed with it elsewhere. In the lab, maybe? You saw those pipes, pretty?ancient, leaky as a sieve. And they were carrying the gas, so... Um, ketchup?was it, or brown?你肯定在其他地方中招的,沒準是實驗室?看到那些古老的管道,淅瀝瀝漏水,那可是煤氣管道。所以...番茄醬還是棕醬?
W:Hang on. You thought?it was in the sugar. You were convinced it was in the sugar.等等。你以為它在糖里,你曾相信它在糖里。
S:I'd better get?going, there's a train leaving in half an hour, so if you want...我得走了,有輛火車半小時之內發車,如果你想...
W:Oh, God! It was you.?You locked me in that bloody lab.老天,是你,你把我鎖進那破實驗室。
S:I had to, it was an?experiment.我沒辦法,這是個實驗。
W:An experiment?! Ssh.?I was terrified, scared to death!實驗?我怕了,夏洛克,差點嚇死了。
S:I thought the drug was in the sugar,so I put some in your coffee. Then?I arranged everything with Major Barrymore. Totally scientific, laboratory?conditions, literally.我以為藥在糖里,所以在你咖啡里放了糖,然后和巴里莫爾校安排了實驗,完全科學,絕對實驗室環境。
S:I knew what effect?it had had on a superior mind, so I needed to try it on an average one. You?know what I mean.我知道它對高能大腦的作用,所以得找個普通頭腦試試,你知道我的意思。
W:But it wasn't in the?sugar.但它不在糖里。
S:No, well, I wasn't?to know you'd already been exposed to the gas.確實不在,我不知道你吸進了煤氣啊。
W:So you got it wrong.所以你弄錯了。
S:No. Hmm.沒有。
W:You were wrong. It?wasn't in the sugar, you got it wrong.你錯了,不在糖里,你弄錯了。
S:A bit. It won'thappen again.一點點,下不為例。
W:Any long-term?effects?會有后遺癥嗎?
S:None at all. You'll?be fine once you've excreted it. We all will.不會的,排出就沒事了,我們都是。
W:I think I might have?taken care of that already. Where are you going?我覺得好像已經排出了,你去哪兒?。
S:I won't be a minute.?Got to see a man about a dog.馬上就回來,找某人談一條狗的事。