跟著卷福學英語(二十一)The great game

致命游戲

W:What the hell are you doing?!你到底在抽什么風啊?

S:Bored.本少爺無聊!

W:What?!什么?

S:Bored!無聊死了!

W:No...別...

S:Don't know what's got into the criminal classes. Good job I'm not one of them.真不知道如今的犯罪階層都怎么了。還好我沒去那邊混。

W:So you take it out on the wall?那你就拿墻撒氣嗎?

S:The wall had it coming.不撒白不撒。

W:What about that Russian case?俄羅斯那案子呢?

S:Belarus? Open and shut domestic murder. Not worth my time.白俄羅斯?老一套家庭情殺,浪費我時間。

W:Oh, shame!Anything in? I'm starving. 可惜了吖!家里有吃的沒?我餓死了.....

W:Oh, f... There's a head. A severed head! 我去,有個人頭,砍掉的人頭。

?S:Just tea for me, thanks. 給我茶就好,謝謝。

W:No, there's a head in the fridge.不,冰箱里有顆人頭。

S:Yes?那又怎樣?

W:A bloody head!那可是人頭!

S:Well, where else I supposed to put it? You don't mind, do you?不然你讓我放在哪呢?你不介意的吧?

W:Well...真無語

S:Got it from Barts morgue. I'm measuring the coagulation of saliva after death.從巴茨醫院的停尸間拿來的,我在測量人死后唾液的凝固時間。

S:I see you've written up the taxi driver case.你把血腥的哥那起案子寫進博客了

W:Er...yes. A Study In Pink.是吶。"粉色的研究"

S:Nice.真想的出來。

W:Well, you know. Pinklady, pink case, pink phone. There was a lot of pink. Did you like it? 是嘛,粉紅女郎、粉紅箱子、粉紅手機,全是粉紅。你喜歡嗎?

S:Um...no.呃 不喜歡

W:Why not? I thought you'd be flattered.為什么?我可是一個勁地夸你。

S:Flattered?! "Sherlock sees through everything and everyone in seconds. "What's incredible, though, is how spectacularly ignorant he is about some things."夸我?“夏洛克能瞬間看穿萬事萬物,但令人難以置信的是,他對某些領域表現出的極端無知。”

W:Hang on, I didn't mean that...等下,我不是那意思…

S:Oh, you meant "spectacularly ignorant" in a nice way!Look, it doesn't

matter to me who's Prime Minister or...那你的"極端無知"也是在夸我咯。聽著我關心首相是誰...

W:I know.我知道

S:..who's sleeping with who...誰和誰有一腿

W:Whether the Earth goes round the sun.或是地球繞著太陽轉

S:That again! It's not important!又來了,這無關緊要。

W:Not impor...?! It's primary school stuff. How can you not know that?啥?連小學生都知道,你怎么會不知道?

S:Well, if I ever did, I've deleted it.就算我以前知道,那也早被我刪除了。

W:Deleted it?刪除是啥意思?

S:Listen. This is my hard drive, and it only makes sense to put things in there that are useful. REALLY useful. Ordinary people fill their heads with all kinds of rubbish. That makes it hard to get at the stuff that matters. Do you see?聽著,我的大腦就像一個硬盤,只存進有用的東西,真正有用的東西。普通人一般都是滿腦子垃圾,關鍵時刻大腦就不起作用了,明白?

W:But it's the solar system!可這是太陽系的問題啊

S:Oh, hell! What does that matter?! So we go round the sun. If we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference! All that matters to me is the work! Without that, my brain rots! Put that in your blog! Or, better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world!拜托,有什么意義?地球繞太陽轉,就算是繞月亮轉,甚至是繞著公園轉啊轉,像只泰迪熊似的也和我們沒有半毛錢關系。對我唯一重要的是工作,不然我腦子都要生銹了。寫進你博客里去要是你不添油加醋就更好了。

S:Where are you going?你去哪?

W:Out! I need some air.出去透透氣

H:Oh, sorry, love! Ooh-ooh! Have you two had a little domestic? Ooh, it's a bit nippy out there. He should have wrapped himself up a bit more.抱歉,親愛的。哎喲,你們小兩口鬧別扭了?外面天氣冷颼颼的,他應該多穿點的。

S:Look at that, Mrs Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?看看外面赫德森太太,安靜無比,一片太平。何其可惡啊。

H:Oh, I'm sure something will turn up, Sherlock. A nice murder. That'll cheer you up.總會出點事的,夏洛克。一起錯綜復雜的謀殺案,讓你興奮起來。

S:Mmm. Can't come too soon.快點來吧,等死人了。

H:Hey, what have you done to my bloody wall?!I'm putting this on your rent, young man! 你怎么把墻壁弄成這幅德行?這個算在你房租里,小伙子。

Sarah:Morning.早安

W:Oh...m-morning.哦早安

Sarah:See? Told you you should have gone with the Lilo.看吧,就說你該用氣墊床的。

W:No, no, no, it's fine, I slept fine. It's very kind of you.不不,沒事,我睡得很好。多謝你讓我留下。

Sarah:Well, maybe next time I'll let you kip at the end of my bed, you know.也許下次我會讓你睡在我的床腳。

W:What about the timeafter that?再下次呢?

Sarah:Do you want some breakfast?要早餐嗎?

W:Love some.好呀

Sarah:Well, make it yourself. I'm going to have a shower.自己做吧,我去洗個澡。

TV:Back now to our mainstory. There's been a massive explosion in central London. As yet, there are noreports of any casualties, and the police are unable to say if there's anysuspicion of terrorist involvement. Police have issued an emergency number forfriends and relatives.... 回到頭條新聞,倫敦中心區發生了一起大爆炸。目前,還沒有傷亡報告警方無法確認,這是否與恐怖分子有關,警方公布了緊急電話供當事人親友聯絡。

W:Sarah! Sarah! Sorry! I've got to run!莎拉,莎拉。抱歉我得走了。

W:Excuse me, can I getthrough? Excuse me. Can I get through? I live over there. Sherlock! Sherlock! 抱歉,借過一下,我家在里面。夏洛克

S:John.約翰。

W:I saw it on the telly. Are you OK?我在電視上看見了,你還好嗎?

S:Me? What? Oh, yeah, fine. Gas leak, apparently.我嗎?沒事啦。顯然是煤氣泄漏了

S:I can't.我不行

Mycroft:Can't?怎么不行?

S:Stuff I've got on is just too big. I can't spare the time.我手頭的案子太多了,抽不出空。

Mycroft:Never mind your usual trivia. This is of national importance.別管你那些雞毛蒜皮了,這是國家大事。

S:How's the diet?節食成果如何?

Mycroft:Perhaps you can get through to him, John.也許你能說通他,約翰。

W:What?什么?

Mycroft:I'm afraid my brother can be very intransigent.恐怕我弟弟有時就是這么頑固。

S:If you're so keen, why don't you investigate it?你這么熱心你自己去調查呀。

Mycroft:No. I can't possiblybe away from the office for any length of time. Not with the Korean electionsso... Well, you don't need to know about that, do you? Besides, a case likethis, it requires...legwork.不行,我一刻也不能離開辦公室。韓國大選就要...反正你也懶得知道對吧?再說這種案子需要...跑腿。

S:How's Sarah, John? How was the Lilo?莎拉還好嗎?約翰?氣墊床如何?

Mycroft:Sofa, Sherlock. It was the sofa.沙發夏洛克他睡的沙發

S:Oh, yes, of course.當然。

W:How...? Oh, never mind.怎么...算了。

Mycroft:Sherlock's business seems to be booming since you and he became... pals. What's he like to live with? Hellish, I imagine.自從你倆在一起,似乎夏洛克的工作就蒸蒸日上了啊。和他同居感覺如何?苦不堪言吧

W:I'm never bored.我從不無聊

Mycroft:Good. That's good, isn't it?不錯,真不錯,是吧?

Mycroft:Andrew West, knownas Westie to his friends. Civil servant. Found dead on the tracks at Batterseastation this morning with his head smashed in. 安德魯·威斯特,朋友叫他小威,公務員。今早被發現死于巴特希火車站鐵軌上,死因是頭部遭到重擊。

W:Jumped in front of a train?臥軌自殺?

Mycroft:Seems the logical assumption.順理成章的推斷

W:But?但是?

Mycroft:But?但是?

W:Well, you wouldn't be here if it was just an accident.若是事故你也不會來了。

Mycroft:The MoD is working on a new missile defence system, the Bruce-Partington Program it's called. The plans for it were on a memory stick.國防部在開發新的反導彈系統,人稱布魯斯-帕廷頓計劃,計劃內容存在一根記憶棒里

W:That wasn't very clever.不怎么明智啊

Mycroft:It's not the only copy. But it is secret. And missing.有很多個備份,可也是機密。而且遺失了

W:Top secret?頂級機密?

Mycroft:Very. We think West must have taken the memory stick. We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands. You've got to find those plans, Sherlock. Don't make me order you.當然,我們認為記憶棒可能被韋斯特拿了,不能讓它流入外人手里,你得找到這份計劃,夏洛克。別逼我命令你

S:I'd like to see you try.你倒是試試呀

Mycroft:Think it over. Goodbye, John. See you very soon.好好考慮。再見,約翰。回頭見。

W:Why did you lie? You've got nothing on. Not a single case. That's why the wall took a pounding. Why did you tell your brother you were busy?你為什么撒謊?你根本無事可做。根本沒案子,墻都差點被你拆了為什么騙你哥說你忙得不可開交??

S:Why shouldn't I?我偏喜歡。

W:Nice. Sibling rivalry. Now we're getting somewhere.懂了,兄弟斗氣,這倒真有意思。

S:Sherlock Holmes. Of course. How could I refuse?夏洛克·福爾摩斯。當然我怎么會拒絕呢?

W:What's wrong?是誰?

S:Lestrade - I've been summoned. Coming?是雷斯垂德,我被召喚了,來嗎?

W:Yeah. If you want me to.你想讓我去的話

S:Of course. I'd be lost without my blogger.當然,我的博客作家不在,我會無所適從。

最后編輯于
?著作權歸作者所有,轉載或內容合作請聯系作者
平臺聲明:文章內容(如有圖片或視頻亦包括在內)由作者上傳并發布,文章內容僅代表作者本人觀點,簡書系信息發布平臺,僅提供信息存儲服務。

推薦閱讀更多精彩內容

  • **2014真題Directions:Read the following text. Choose the be...
    又是夜半驚坐起閱讀 9,921評論 0 23
  • for-in循環 for-in循環與c++的for循環有些相像,但沒有更新循環控制變量的處理。 let numbe...
    運柱閱讀 174評論 0 0
  • 近幾年來,關于“藝術金融”的話題越來越熱。而隨著金融資本不斷進入藝術市場,市場對藝術品的投資收藏,從簡單的個人喜好...
    離婙閱讀 1,480評論 0 47
  • 這個題目有點大,想到哪兒就寫到哪兒吧。 每對夫妻都有彼此相處的模式,有互相贊賞的,互相擠兌拆臺的,打情罵俏的,等等...
    gengyy閱讀 242評論 0 1
  • 回調
    Alan龍馬閱讀 135評論 0 0