(一)
你好我叫福雷斯??福雷斯·甘
Hello. My name’s Forrest Forrest Gump.
要吃巧克力嗎?
Do you want a?chocolate?
我能吃掉上150萬塊巧克力
I could eat about?a?million?and a half?of these.
我媽媽常說
My mama always said
人生就像一盒各式各樣的巧克力
Life was like a?box?of chocolates.
你永遠不知道下一塊將會是哪種
You never know what you’re going to?get.
那雙鞋子一定很舒適
Those must be?comfortable?shoes.
穿這樣的鞋子你可以走上一整天
I bet you could?walk?all day in shoes like that
腳都不會痛
and?not?feel?a thing.
我希望能有一雙這樣的鞋子
I wish I had shoes like that.
其實我的腳很痛
My feet?hurt.
媽媽常說要想知道一個人的很多事情
Mama always said there’s?an?awful?lot
只要看看他穿的鞋就能知道
you can tell about a?person?by their shoes.
他會往哪里走
Where they‘re going,
他住在哪里
where they‘ve been.
我穿過很多雙鞋子
I’ve?worn?lots of shoes.
如果我仔細想的話
I bet if I think about it real hard
我能記得我第一雙鞋子的模樣
I could?remember?my first pair of shoes.
媽媽說它會帶我到任何地方
Mama said they d take me anywhere.
她說它是雙魔鞋
She said they were my?magic?shoes.
a?million?and a half
150萬,這里指很多塊,夸張的說法。
not?feel?a thing
絲毫沒有感覺
eg: I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning and not feel a thing!
我打賭我今天在健身班運動一小時之后絲毫不累。
an?awful?lot
相當多,非常多
eg:And so government purchases an awful lot of cars for all kinds of things.
所以政府購買了相當多的汽車用于各種各樣的事情。
(二)
她說它是雙魔鞋
She said they was my magic shoes.
好的福雷斯??張開雙眼
All right, Forrest, Open your?eyes?now.
你走幾步看看
Let‘s take a little?walk?around.
感覺如何?
How do those feel?
他的雙腿很強壯甘太太
His legs are?strong, Mrs. Gump,
是我見過最強壯的
as strong as I‘ve ever seen.
但是他的背象政客一樣彎
But his back s as?crooked?as a politician.
但我們會讓他再直起來對吧?
But we re going to?straighten?him right up, aren‘t we, Forrest?
福雷斯!
Forrest!
我剛出世時
Now, when I was a baby,
媽媽用了一位內戰英雄的名字為我取名
Mama named me after the great?Civil War?hero
內森貝·弗福雷斯將軍
General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
她說我們有點親戚關系
She said we was related to him in some way.
他做過的事情是:
What he did was,
建立了一個俱樂部叫三K黨
he started up this?club?called the Ku Klux Klan.
他們全披著長袍和床單
They‘d all?dress up?in their robes and their bed sheets
看來像一群鬼
and act like a bunch of?ghosts?or?spooks?or something.
他們還在馬上也披了床單四處跑
They‘d even put bed?sheets?on their horses and ride around.
不管怎樣這就是我名字的由來:福雷斯·甘
And, anyway, that‘s how I got my name... Forrest Gump.
媽媽說這名字是提醒我
Mama said the Forrest part was to?remind?me
我們會經常做一些
that sometimes we all do?things?that, well,
并沒有意義的事情
that just don‘t make no?sense.
crooked
adj.彎曲的,扭曲的
eg: The map on the wall is a bit crooked.
墻上的地圖有些歪。
Civil War
美國內戰
eg:?This week in our series, we tell about some of the other early battles of the Civil War.
本周,我們繼續向你講述美國內戰初期的其他一些重大戰役。
dress up
v.打扮,裝飾
eg:Mother loved to dress me up.
媽媽喜歡裝扮我。
ghosts
n.鬼,幽靈
eg:They say ghosts haunt this house.
據說這所房子里常鬧鬼。
spook
n.鬼,幽靈,v. 驚嚇
eg:But was it the wind that spooked her?
但是,她是被風嚇到的嗎?
(三)
好了
All right.
你們在看什么?
What are you?all staring at?
從來沒有見過
Haven‘t you ever seen
小孩子戴腳撐的嗎?
a little boy with?braces?on his legs before?
不要管其它人
Don‘t ever let?anybody
說他們比你強福雷斯
tell you they‘re?better?than you, Forrest.
如果上帝要讓人人都一樣的話
If God intended everybody to be the same,
他會給每人一雙腳撐
he‘d have given us all?braces?on our legs.
媽媽總有辦法讓我明白她的意思
Mama always had a way of?explaining?things so I could understand them.
我們住在17號公路附近
We lived about a?quarter?mile off Route 17,
距離亞拉巴馬州綠茵鎮約半哩
about a half mile from the?town?of Greenbow, Alabama.
這個地方屬于綠茵縣
That‘s in the?county?of Greenbow.
我們的房子來自媽媽的家族
Our house had been in Mama‘s?family
從她爺爺的爺爺的爺爺傳下來的
since her grandpa‘s grandpa‘s grandpa
他大概在一千年前飄洋過海來這里
had come across the?ocean?about a thousand years ago.
房子只有我和媽媽住
Since it was just me and Mama
我們有好多空房間
and we had all these?empty?rooms,
媽媽將這些空房出租
Mama decided to let those rooms out,
給路過的人住
mostly to people?passing?through,
比如從莫比鎮、或蒙哥馬利鎮來的人
Like from, oh, Mobile, Montgomery, places like that.
我和媽媽靠這個掙到錢
That‘s how me and Mama got?money.
媽媽是個很聰明的女士
Mama was a real?smart?lady.
記住我說的話,福雷斯
Remember?what I told you, Forrest.
你和其它任何人是一樣的
You re no?different?than anybody else is.
聽清楚了沒有福雷斯?
Did you hear what I said, Forrest?
你和其它人是一樣的
You‘re the?same?as everybody else.
你并沒有什么不一樣
You are no different.
brace
n.支柱,支撐 v .支撐,激勵,打起精神
eg: Nancy braced herself for the inevitable arguments.?
南希為這場無法避免的爭論作好了準備。
county
n.郡,縣
eg: The canal has proved useful to the county in many ways.
這條水渠給這個縣帶來的好處是多方面的。
(四)
你的孩子有點不一樣甘太太
Your boy‘s...?different, Mrs. Gump.
他的智商只有75
His I. Q is 75.
我們都是不一樣的
Well, we are all different,
漢考克先生
Mr. Hancock.
她希望我得到最好的教育
She wanted me to have the?finest?education
所以她帶我去綠茵縣中心學校
so she took me to the Greenbow County Central School.
我見到了校長什么的
I met the?principal?and all.
請你看看這個甘太太
I want to show you?something, Mrs. Gump.
這是正常水平
Now, this is?normal.
福雷斯則是在這兒
Forrest is right here.
州政府要求智商起碼要80
The state require is a?minimum?I. Q of 80
才能上公立學校
to attend?public?school.
甘太太
Mrs. Gump,
他應該上特殊學校
he is going to have to go to a?special?school.
在那里他會很好的
Now, he‘ll be just fine.
正常水平是什么意思?
What does?normal?mean anyway?
他可能...
He might be...
反應不太靈敏
a bit on the?slow?side,
但我兒子福雷斯
but my boy Forrest
應該和其它人一樣得到機會
is going to get the same?opportunities?as everyone else.
他不該去特殊學校
He is not going to some special school
學怎么翻修輪胎
to learn how to?retread?tires.
這不過是區區5分的問題
We re talking about five little?points?here.
一定會有辦法解決的
There must be something can be done.
我們的學校是要排名次的
We are a?progressive school system.
我們不想有人拉后腿
We don‘t want to see anybody left?behind.
甘先生在哪兒甘太太?
Is there a Mr. Gump, Mrs. Gump?
他去度假了
He is on vacation.
principal
adj.主要的,首要的 n.?首長,校長
eg:?So in a letter to her principal, she threatened to commit suicide if her parents pulled her out of school.
因此,她在給校長的一封信里表明,如果父母強迫她離開學校,她就自殺。
public?school
公立中小學
special?school
特殊教育學校
retread
v.翻新,修補
eg:?Briefly introduces new process of producing retread tire and general equipment and technical target.
簡要介紹了輪胎翻新工藝,及其通用設備和技術指標。
tire
n.輪胎,頭飾?
eg:They fixed the car, gave me a tire, and left with a warm smile.
他們修好了我的車,給了我一個輪胎,留給我一個溫暖的微笑。
(五)
最后他必須去試一試
Finally, he had to try.
看起來容易但是...
It looked?easy, but...
發生了怪事首先他們...
oh, what?happened. First they...
媽媽度假是什么意思?
Mama, what is?vacation?mean?
度假?
Vacation?
爸爸去哪兒了?
Where Daddy went?
度假就是你去一個地方...
Vacation is when you go somewhere...
然后就不再回來
and you don‘t ever come?back.
總之我想你可以說
Anyway, I?guess?you could say
我和媽媽無依無靠
me and Mama was on our own.
但我們不介意
But we didn‘t?mind.
我們的房子總住滿了人
Our house was never?empty.
經常是人來人往的
There was always?folks?coming and going.
開飯了!
Supper!
大家來吃晚飯啦!
It s supper, everyone!
這看起來很特別
That sure looks?special.
有時有這么多人和我們一起住
Sometimes, we had so many people staying with us
每個房間都住滿了旅客
that every room was filled, with?travelers, you know,
這些人帶著行李箱子
folks living out of their?suitcases
還有帽子箱子還有樣品箱子
and hat cases and sample cases.
福雷斯·甘??吃晚飯了!??福雷斯?
Forrest Gump, it‘s?suppertime! Forrest?
有一次又有位年青人和我們住一起
One time, a young man was staying with us,
他帶著一個吉它箱子
and he had him a?guitar?case.
你從來逮不到兔子
Well, you are?never caught a rabbit
你也不是...
And you are?not
我的朋友
Friend of mine
福雷斯
Forrest,
叫你不要打擾這位叔叔
I told you not to?bother?this nice young man.
不沒關系??太太
No, that s all right, ma am.
我在彈吉它給他聽
I was showing him a thing or two on the?guitar.
好吧你可以來吃晚飯了
All right. Supper s?ready?if y all want to eat.
行好極了??謝謝你??太太
Yeah, that?sounds?good. Thank you, ma am
(六)
我喜歡那吉它
I liked that?guitar.
它很好聽
It?sounded?good.
我伴著音樂移動著腳步
I started?moving?around to the music,
扭著我的臀部
swinging?my hips.
哭喊不停
Crying?all the time
那天晚上
This one night,
我和媽媽出去購物
me and Mama was out shopping,
我們路過文斯家私商店
and we walked by Vincy‘s Furniture and?Appliance?Store,
你猜怎么著?
and guess what?
你只不過是一條獵犬
You aren’t nothing?but a hound dog
哭喊不停
Crying?all the time
你只不過是一條獵犬
You are?nothing?but a hound dog
小孩子不能看這個
This is not for children‘s eyes.
哭喊不停
Crying?all the time
幾年以后
Some years later,
聽說那位帥哥被人稱為"貓王"
that handsome?young man who they called the?King,
嗯他唱的歌實在太多
well, he sung too many songs.
結果他得了心臟病什么的
Had himself a heart?attack?or something.
看來"王"確實是不好當啊
It must be?hard?being a king.
你知道你的記憶有時清楚得不得了
You know, it is?funny?how you remember some things,
有時卻什么也不記得
but some things you can‘t.
swing n. v.搖擺,懸掛
eg:The sail of the little boat swung crazily from one side to the other.
這艘小船的船帆發瘋似地左右搖晃著。
Appliance?Store?電器商店
eg:A blonde went to the appliance store and found a bargain. "I would like to buy this TV, " she told the salesman.
一個金發女郎走進一家電器商店,看到特價促銷,她對售貨員說:“我要買這個電視機”
(七)
你要開始努力學習了福雷斯
You do your very?best?now, Forrest.
我一定會的媽媽
I?sure?will, Mama.
我記得第一次乘校車去上學
I?remember?the bus ride on the first day of school
非常清楚
very well.
你上不上車?
Are you?coming?along?
媽媽說不要上陌生人的車子
Mama said not to be?taking rides?from?strangers.
這是校車
This is the bus to?school.
我是福雷斯...??福雷斯·甘
I m Forrest... Forrest Gump.
我是多蘿西·哈里斯
I m Dorothy Harris.
嗯現在我們不是陌生人了
Well, now we ain t strangers?anymore.
這位子有人了
This seat s?taken.
有人了
It‘s taken.
你不準坐這兒
You can‘t?sit?here.
你知道孩子記事實在奇怪
You know, it is funny what a young man?recollects,
我不記得我的出生
Because I don’t remember being?born.
我不記得我的第一份圣誕禮物
I don‘t?recall?what I got for my first Christmas,
我也不記得
and I don‘t know
我第一次去野餐
when I went on my first?outdoor?picnic,
但我卻記得
but I do remember
我第一次聽到最甜的聲音
the first time I heard the?sweetest?voice
在整個世界上
in the wide world.
你愿意的話可以坐這兒
You can sit here if you?want.
我一生再沒見過如此美麗的人
I had never seen anything so?beautiful?in my life.
她就象一位天使
She was like an?angel.
你想坐還是不想坐?
Well, are you going to sit?down?or aren‘t you?
take a ride:?搭乘,兜風
eg: Sue likes to take a ride on the doubledecker.
蘇喜歡乘坐雙層汽車兜風。
recollect v.回憶,想起
eg: She recollected sadly that she and Ben used to laugh a lot.?
她傷心地回憶起以前她和本經常笑聲不斷。
(八)
你的腿怎么啦?
What is?wrong?with your legs?
沒什么謝謝你
Um,?nothing?at all, thank you.
我的的腿好得很
My legs are just fine and?dandy.
我和她在并排坐在校車里
I just sat next to her on that bus
去學校途中我們一直在說話
and had a conversation all the way to school.
當時我的背象個問號那么彎
My back is?crooked?like a question mark.
除了媽媽沒有人和我說話
Next to Mama, no one ever talked to me
或問我問題
or asked me?questions.
你是不是有點傻?
Are you?stupid?or something?
媽媽說"做傻事的才是傻瓜"
Mama says, "Stupid is as?stupid?does."
我叫珍妮
I m Jenny.
我叫福雷斯...??福雷斯·甘
I m Forrest... Forrest Gump.
由那天開始我們經常在一起
From that day on, we was always?together.
珍妮和我形影不離
Jenny and me was like?peas?and carrots.
她教我怎么爬樹
She taught me how to?climb.
快福雷斯??你能做到
Move, Forrest, you can do it.
我教她怎么搖擺
I showed her how to?dangle.
"一個好小..."
"A good little..."
她幫我學怎么認字
She helped me?learn?how to read,
我教她怎么倒掛
and I showed her how to swing.
有時我們就那么坐著
Sometimes, we d just sit out
等星星出來
and wait for the?stars.
媽媽會擔心我的
Mama is going to worry about me.
再呆一會兒
Just?stay?a little longer.
不知為什么珍妮從來不愛回家
For some reason, Jenny didn’t never?want?to go home.
好吧珍妮??我再呆一會兒
Ok, Jenny, I ll stay.
她是我最好的朋友
She was my most?special?friend.
我唯一的朋友
My only friend.
dandy
adj.上等的,極好的,n.花花公子
eg: This is all fine and dandy, but once you start your diet, you have to stop reading and watching somuch.
這很好,但是一旦你開始節食,你必需停止瀏覽和觀看那么多。
crook
v.使彎曲,欺騙 n.騙子
eg: He is a crook.
他是個騙子。
peas?and carrots
形影不離
eg: wish to be a ray of dust in the air, and you were like peas and carrots.
我愿是空氣中的一縷塵埃,可以與你形影不離。
dangle
v.搖晃地懸掛著
eg: They want our personal information to dangle in front of advertisers.
他們想用我們的個人信息同廣告商們周旋。
(九)
媽媽總是對我說
Now, my mama always?told?me
每天都會有奇跡
that?miracles?happen every day
有些人并不同意
Some people don‘t think so,
但這是真的
but they do.
嗨傻瓜!
Hey, dummy!
你是啞巴還是真的是傻瓜?
Are you?dumb, or just plain?stupid?
喂我是福雷斯·甘
Look, I m Forrest Gimp.
快跑福雷斯
Just run?away, Forrest.
跑福雷斯!
Run, Forrest!
快跑!??快!
Run away! Hurry!
騎上自行車!
Get the?bikes!
我們去捉他!??快點!
Let s get him! Come on!
小心點阿甘!
Look?out, Gump!
我們來捉你了!
We re going to?get?you!
跑福雷斯??跑!
Run, Forrest, run!
跑福雷斯!
Run, Forrest!
你給我回來!
Come?back?here, you!
跑福雷斯!
Run, Forrest!
跑!
Run!
你現在大概不會相信我的話...
Now, you wouldn‘t?believe?if I told you...
但我跑起來像風一樣
but I could run like the?wind?blows.
從那天開始
From that day on,
如果我要去哪里
if I was going?somewhere,
我就跑著去
I was?running.
dumb
adj.啞巴的,不能說話的
eg:?He has been dumb from birth.
他生來就是啞巴。
wind?blow
刮風
eg:?And they felt wind blow in their hair and the vanished just like Megan.
這時,他們覺得有風吹過,緊接著就消失了,和梅金一樣……