這是一封來自CNN給2016給的告別信,盤點了這一年來發生的一切。
對于世界而言,2016是糟糕的一年,它帶來的失望與痛苦遠超快樂。愿我們有一個更好的2017。
Dear 2016: It's over between us
Dear 2016,
親愛的2016,
Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.
收拾你的行禮,我們之間結束了。跟你在一起的日子,是一個接一個的失望。
Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.
究竟你有多糟糕?我們來數一數。
You just took and took and took, 2016 ?
? ? ?2016,你帶走一個又一個生命
You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.
你帶走了“王子”,鮑威,科恩。
You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.
你帶走了派特·康洛伊,以及哈珀·李。還有穆罕默德·阿里和阿諾德·帕爾默。
You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Carrie Fisher.
你帶走了吉恩·懷爾德、阿蘭·里克曼和凱麗·費雪。
John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. You took him, too.
約翰·格倫經歷了三種人生,是創造歷史的宇航員、總統候選人以及美國參議員。你也帶走了他。
No matter what your politics, you can't deny that Antonin Scalia, Tom Hayden, Janet Reno and Nancy Reagan made a difference in their lifetimes.
無論你的政治傾向如何,你不能否認安東寧·斯卡利亞、湯姆·海登、珍妮特·雷諾和南希·里根在一生中為世界帶來了影響。
They're all gone, too, because of you.
因為你,他們都走了。
2016,you unleashed hell
? ? 2016,你釋放了災難
The numbers are just mind-boggling:
這些數字太過令人震驚:
More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.
超過80人死于尼斯卡車襲擊。
44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.
44人死于伊斯坦布爾機場爆炸。
32 in the Brussels bombings.
32人死于布魯塞爾爆炸事件。
49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
49人喪生于奧蘭多槍擊事件,在美國歷史上槍擊案件中死亡人數最多。
Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.
在路易斯安納州和明尼蘇達州,警察槍殺黑人。一個狙擊手殺死五名達拉斯警察,這是自911以來美國執法過程中當中單次事件死亡人數最多的案件。
And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever.
不止如此,血腥殘酷的敘利亞內戰一直在持續。那些得以逃亡的人冒死橫渡危險無情的地中海,今年在這片海域死亡的人數遠超以往。
You dished out a lot of misery
? ? ?你帶來了太多痛苦
It's impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle.
我實在沒辦法美化你,2016。可說到制造痛苦,你可真算是馬力全開。
You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding in Europe, in North Korea and in Louisiana, the worst in the United States since Hurricane Sandy.
你給歐洲、朝鮮和路易斯安納州帶來歷史上難得一見的大洪水,逼迫成千上萬人流離失所。自從颶風桑迪以來,路易斯安納州的洪水是美國歷史上最嚴重的自然災害。
You created Haiti's worst humanitarian crisis this decade with Hurricane Matthew. And Ecuador still hasn't recovered from the quake in April that killed more than 600.
你利用颶風馬修制造了海地近十年來最嚴重的人道主義危機。而厄瓜多爾仍舊沉浸在今年4月那場制造了600余人死亡的地震帶來的傷痛中,沒能恢復過來。
You brought trouble to the skies, too.
不僅如此,你給天空也帶來了災難。
In May, everyone aboard an EgyptAir plane died when it crashed into the Mediterranean. We still don't know why.
今年五月,埃及航空一架航班在地中海墜毀,飛機上無一人幸免。而我們至今仍未找到事故發生的原因。
In November, a jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team crashed in Colombia, killing 71.
11月,巴西一個足球隊乘坐的一架噴氣式飛機墜毀在哥倫比亞,造成71人死亡。
As if all that isn't enough, you broke the record for the hottest months ever.
好像這還不夠似的,你還帶來了史上最炎熱的季節。
You tore us apart, 2016
? ? ?你將我們分裂,2016
We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.
很高興選舉結束了,但你帶來的傷口還需要很長時間才能愈合。
Republican Donald Trump won the Electoral College and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain's no better with Brexit.
共和黨人唐納德·特朗普贏得了大選和總統寶座,民主黨人希拉里贏得了普選。美國被分成兩半,不確定未來的路在何方。而英國因為脫歐也沒好到哪里去。
But hey 2016, we'll give ?you this
? ? ?但是2016,這是我們給你的肯定
You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first Word Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family, whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.
你也做了一些好事,值得肯定。比如你帶來了自1948年以來最明亮的超級月亮。芝加哥小熊隊108年以來第一次奪冠。而且你幫了麥克唐納家一個大忙,他們家里的連體嬰兒在27 小時的手術后成功分離。
You gave us some much-needed laughter from Chewbacca Mom and two joyful weeks of Olympic thrills.
你讓楚巴卡媽媽給我們帶來了期待已久的笑聲,也讓奧林匹克運動會精彩刺激的賽事給我們帶來兩周歡樂的時光。
Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate sank to 4.6%, the lowest in 10 years.
噢,在你的看管下,美國失業率降至4.6%,是美國十年以來最低。
So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But that was 1348.
所以是的,比起霍亂病毒襲擊歐洲最終使人口減少三分之一的那一年,你確實要好一些。可那是在1348年啊。
You couldn't go quietly, could ya, 2016? You were mean until the end. A man who pledged allegiance to ISIS plowed a truck through a crowded Berlin Christmas market, killing 12.
你就不能安安靜靜地離開對嗎?2016?最終你還是那樣不近人情。就在前幾天,一個效忠于ISIS的人開著卡車闖進柏林人潮擁擠的圣誕市場,造成12人死亡。
The best part of you, 2016, is December 31 — the day you slink out of town.
2016,你最好的那一部分就是12月31號,就是你偷偷離開的那一天。
Let's hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.
希望2017年的好和你的壞一樣多。
Sincerely,
The world.
世界敬上
對于剛剛過去的2016,你有什么想法呢?
”