TED Talk? ? Machine intelligence makes human morals more important 機器智能使人類道德更重要? Speaker:? Zeynep Tufekci? ? 第一課
So, I started my first job as a computer programmer in my very first year of college -- basically, as a teenager.? 所以,我在大學一年級時就開始了我的第一份電腦程序員的工作,我那時候基本上是一個十幾歲的孩子。
Soon after I started working, writing software in a company, a manager who worked at the company came down to where I was,? 我開始工作后不久,在一家公司寫軟件,一位在公司工作的經理來到我所在的地方,
and he whispered to me, "Can he tell if I'm lying?" There was nobody else in the room.? 他低聲對我說:“他能告訴我我在撒謊嗎?”房間里沒有其他人。
"Can who tell if you're lying? And why are we whispering?"? ? “誰能告訴我你在撒謊?我們為什么要竊竊私語?”
The manager pointed at the computer in the room. "Can he tell if I'm lying?" 經理指著房間里的電腦。“他能告訴我我在撒謊嗎?”
Well, that manager was having an affair with the receptionist.? 嗯,那個經理和接待員有曖昧關系。
And I was still a teenager. So I whisper-shouted back to him, "Yes, the computer can tell if you're lying."? 我還是個十幾歲的孩子。于是我小聲地對他喊道:“是的,電腦能分辨出你在撒謊。”
Well, I laughed, but actually, the laugh's on me.? 嗯,我笑了,但事實上,我才是被笑的。
Nowadays, there are computational systems that can suss out emotional states and even lying from processing human faces.? ? 現在,有一些計算系統可以解讀被處理的人臉上的情緒狀態甚至撒謊與否。
Advertisers and even governments are very interested.? 廣告商甚至政府都很感興趣。
I had become a computer programmer because I was one of those kids crazy about math and science.? ? 我已經成為一名電腦程序員,因為我是一個對數學和科學著迷的孩子。
But somewhere along the line I'd learned about nuclear weapons, and I'd gotten really concerned with the ethics of science.? ? 但我在某個地方學到了核武器,我真的很關心科學的倫理學。
I was troubled.? 我很煩惱。
However, because of family circumstances, I also needed to start working as soon as possible.? ? 然而,由于家庭情況,我也需要盡快開始工作。
So I thought to myself, hey, let me pick a technical field where I can get a job easily and where I don't have to deal with any troublesome questions of ethics.? ? 因此,我想,嘿,讓我選擇一個技術領域,我可以輕松地找到一份工作,在那里我不需要處理任何棘手的道德問題。
So I picked computers.? ? 所以我選擇了電腦。
Well, ha, ha, ha! All the laughs are on me.? 哈,哈,哈!所有的笑聲都在我身上。
Nowadays, computer scientists are building platforms that control what abillion people see every day.? ? 【跟讀】? 如今,計算機科學家正在構建一個平臺,控制著每天有十億人看到的東西。
They're developing cars that could decide who torun over.? 他們正在開發可以決定誰來跑的汽車。
They're even building machines, weapons, that might kill human beings in war.? ? 他們甚至制造機器,武器,可能會在戰爭中殺死人類。
It's ethics all the way down.? 這是道德的一路下滑。