前景提要:已經出現了兩名死者,卷福確定了他們都是走私犯。同時,他急需找到姚素琳來破解神秘符號,問清緣由......
S:Always in pairs, John,?look. Numbers... come with partners.全是成對的,約翰,你看。數字…成對出現。
W:God, I need to sleep.天啊,我要睡覺。
S:Why did he paint it so?near the tracks?為何要涂在離鐵軌這么近的地方?
W:No idea.不知道。
S:Thousands of people pass?by there every day. 每天會有上千人從那兒經過。
W:Just 20 minutes...就睡20分鐘也好…
S:Of course. Of course, he?wants information. He's trying to communicate with his people in the?underworld. Whatever was stolen, he wants it back. It's somewhere here, in a?code. We can't crack this without Soo Lin Yao.當然了。一點沒錯,他要傳達信息,他要和地下同黨取得聯系。不論被偷走了什么,他都想要回來。信息就在這里,被寫成了密碼。只有姚素琳能解開密碼。
W:Oh, good.好極了。
S:Two men who travelled back?from China were murdered. And their killer left them messages in Hang Zhou?numerals.兩個剛從中國回來的人被謀殺了,而殺手用蘇州碼子留下了訊息。
W:Soo Lin Yao is in danger. That?cipher, it was just the same pattern as the others. He means to kill her as?well.姚素琳有危險。那組密碼和被殺害的人那兒留下的一樣。兇手也想要殺了她。
Andy: Look, I've tried everywhere-friends,?colleagues. I don't know where she's gone. I mean, she could be a thousand?miles away.聽著,我都問遍了她的朋友和同事。就是不知道她去了哪兒。我是說,她可能已經遠遠地離開這兒了。
W:What are you looking at? 你在看什么?
S:Tell me more about those?teapots. Andy:?The pots were her obsession. They need urgent work. If they?dry out, then the clay can start to crumble. Apparently, you have to just keep?making tea in them. 和我說說那些茶壺。她癡迷于那些茶壺。它們需要及時護理。若是干燥,黏土就會龜裂。所以,你必須時刻用它們來沏茶。
S:Yesterday, only one ofthose pots was shining. Now, there are two.?昨天,只有一只壺是亮的。而今天卻有兩只。
S:Fancy a biscuit with that??Centuries old. Don't want to break that. Hello.想來塊餅干嗎?幾個世紀的古董。摔了可不好吶。你好。
Y:You saw the cipher. Then?you know he is coming for me.你看到密碼了吧。那你肯定知道他要來找我。
S:You've been clever to?avoid him so far.你能避他這么久可謂相當聰明。
Y:I had to finish. To finish?this work. It's only a matter of time. I know he will find me.我必須要做完。做完這項工作。其實這只是時間問題。他遲早會找到我。
S:Who is he? Have you met?him before? 他是誰?你以前見過他嗎?
Y:When I was a girl, we met?in China. I recognised his... Signature.我小時候,我們在中國認識。我認出了他的...簽名。
S:The cipher?密碼嗎?
Y:Only he would do this. Zhi?Zhu.只有他會這么做。蜘蛛。
W:Zhi Zhu?蜘蛛
S:The spider.就是蜘蛛。
Y:You know this mark?認識這個記號嗎?
S:Yes. It's the mark of a?Tong.是的。是個堂口的記號。
W:Huh? 啥?
S:Ancient crime syndicate, based?in China. 古老的犯罪團體,起源于中國。
Y:Every foot soldier bears?the mark. Everyone who hauls for them. 每個小弟身上都會有標記。每個為他們運送贓物的人都有。
W:Hauls? You mean you were a?smuggler? 贓物?這么說你是個走私販?
Y:I was 15.?My parents were dead. I had no livelihood. No way of surviving, day-to-day, except to work for the bosses. 當時我才15歲。父母雙亡。無法養活自己。無法生存,只有日復一日,替上面的人干活。
S:Who are they? 他們是什么人?
Y:They are called the Black?Lotus. By the time I was 16, I was taking thousands of pounds worth of drugs across?the border into Hong Kong. I managed to leave that life behind me. I came to?England. They gave me a job, here. Everything was good. New life.人們稱他們為黑蓮會。我16歲那年,就攜帶價值數千磅的毒品跨過邊境送到香港。我努力想要擺脫那種生活,所以我來到英國。得到了這份博物館的工作。一切都如此順利。新生活很美好。
S:And he came looking for?you.但他卻找到了你。
Y:Yes. I hoped, after fiveyears... maybe they would have forgotten me. But they never really let youleave. A small community like ours... ..they are never very far away. He cameto my flat. He asked me to help him to track down something that was stolen.?是的。我本來希望,過去了五年…他們也許會遺忘我。但他們從不會放過你。干我們這行的…從來就躲不掉。他來到我的公寓。要我幫忙追蹤一件被偷物品。
W:And you've no idea what it?was? 你不知道是什么嗎?
Y:I refused to help. 我不肯幫他。
W:So, you knew him well when?you were living back in China?你在中國時和他很熟嗎?
Y:Oh, yes. He's my brother.Two orphans. We had no choice. We could work for the Black Lotus, or starve onthe streets, like beggars. My brother has become their puppet. In the power of the one they call Shan. The BlackLotus general. I turned my brother away. He said I had betrayed him. Next day,I came to work and the cipher was waiting.?對。他是我哥哥。兩個孤兒。我們別無選擇。我們只有為黑蓮會賣命,不然就會流落街頭,乞討挨餓。我哥哥已經成了他們的傀儡。權力最大的那個人姓Shan,是黑蓮會的幫主。我拒絕了我哥哥。他說我背叛了他。第二天,我來這上班,之后便發現了密碼。
S:Can you decipher these?你能破解這密碼嗎?
Y:These are numbers.這些是數字。
S:Yes, I know.對,我知道。
Y:Here, the line across the?man's eyes, it's the Chinese number one.這兒,這男人眼睛這里的一劃,是中國數字一。
S:And this one is 15. But?what's the code? 而這個是十五。但這代表了什么?
Y:All the smugglers know it.?It's based upon a book... He's here. Zhi Zhu has found me.所有走私販都知道。這都是源自一本書...他來了。蜘蛛找到我了。
W:No, no, Sherlock. Sherlock,?wait! Come here. Get in. Get in! I have to go and help him. Bolt the door after?me.不,夏洛克。等等!過來。進去。快進去!我得去幫他。我出去后把門鎖緊。
S:Careful! Some of those?skulls are over 200,000 years old. Have a bit of respect. Thank you.你給我留心點!這兒的一些頭骨有二十萬多年的歷史。放尊重點好嗎。多謝。
W:Oh, my God. 天啊!不要!
W:How many murders is it?going to take before you start believing that this maniac's out there? A young?girl was gunned down tonight. That's three victims in three days. You're?supposed to be finding him. 究竟還要發生多少次命案,你才能相信兇手是個危險的狂熱分子?一個年輕的女孩兒昨晚被槍殺。三天來死了三個人。你早該著手調查了。
S:Brian Lukis and Eddie Van?Coon were working for a gang of international smugglers. A gang called the?Black Lotus, operating here in London right under your nose. 效力于一個跨國走私組織。這個組織人稱黑蓮會,在倫敦也有據點就在你的眼皮底下。
D:Can you prove that? 你有證據嗎?