前景提要:女主角最后關頭成功奪回了手機,暈倒在地的卷福記住了這個打敗了他的女人,之后會發生什么呢?
W:Jesus! What are you?doing?天哪,你干什么了?
Adler:He'll sleep for a?few hours. Make sure he doesn't choke on his own vomit, it makes for a very?unattractive corpse.他會昏睡幾個小時,別讓他被自己的嘔吐物嗆死,要不尸體會很難看。
W:What's this? What?have you given him? Sherlock?你給他下了什么藥?夏洛克?
Adler:He'll be fine. I've?used it on loads of my friends.他會沒事的,我在很多朋友身上都試過。
W:Sherlock, can you?hear me?夏洛克聽得見我說話嗎?
Adler:You know, I was?wrong about him. He did know where to look.我小看他了他很懂觀察細節
W:For what? What are?you talking about?觀察什么?你在說什么?
Adler:The key-code to my?safe.我的保險箱密碼。
W:What was it?是什么?
Adler:Shall I tell him? My measurements.我要告訴他嗎?我的三圍。
Adler:Got it! Oh, ssh ssh?no, don't get up, I'll do the talking. So, the car's about to backfire and the?hiker, he's staring at the sky. You said he could be watching birds, but he?wasn't, was he? He was watching another kind of flying thing. The car backfires?and the hiker turns to look... which was his big mistake. By the time the?driver looks up, the hiker is already dead. He doesn't see what killed him because?it's already being washed downstream. An accomplished sportsman recently?returned from foreign travel with... a boomerang.想到了,噓,不用起來,我來告訴你。車的發動機馬上會逆火,旅行者在仰望天空。你說他可能在看鳥,但并不是,他在看的是另外一種會飛的東西。車逆火一聲響,旅行人回頭看了一眼,他犯了個大錯誤。司機再抬頭看時,旅行人已經死了,他沒看見兇器,因為已經隨水而下了。一位熟練的運動員,最近剛從國外旅行回來帶了回旋鏢。
Adler:You got that from one look? Definitely the new sexy.你只看了一眼就都想通了?果然引領性感潮流呢。
S:I... I...我...我...
Adler:Hush, now. It's OK. I'm only returning your coat.噓,安靜。沒事了,我就是來歸還你的大衣的。
S:John? John!約翰?約翰!
W:You OK?你沒事吧?
S:How did I get here?我怎么在這兒?
W:I don't suppose you?remember much, you weren't making a lot of sense. ?? Oh, I should warn you, I think Lestrade filmed you on his phone.你大概不記得了,那時你處于半昏迷狀態,提醒你一聲,雷斯垂德用手機全拍下來了。
S:Where is she?她在哪兒?
W:Where's who?誰?
S:The Woman! That?Woman.那位女人。
W:What woman?哪位女人?
S:The Woman, woman!那位女人。
W:Oh, Irene Adler? She?got away, no-one saw her. She wasn't here, Sherlock.哦你說艾琳·艾德勒?她逃走了,沒人看見,她不在這兒,夏洛克。
W:What are you? What? No,?no, no. No. Back to bed. You'll be fine in the morning. Just sleep.你在干嗎?你...?不不不,乖乖回床上躺著。睡到明天早上就會好了,睡吧。
S:Of course I'll be?fine, I am fine. I'm absolutely fine.當然了,我一直都很好呀,好得不得了。
W:Yes, you're great.?Now, I'll be next door if you need me.是啊,棒極了,需要我就叫聲,我在隔壁。
S:Why would I need?you?我需要你做什么?
W:No reason at all.什么也不做。
S:The photographs are?perfectly safe.照片很安全
Mycroft:In the hands of a?fugitive sex worker?在一位逃亡的性工作者手中?
S:She's not interested?in blackmail. She wants...protection, for some reason. I take it you've stood?down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?她沒有興趣勒索她只是想要...保護,出于某些原因,我想你應該退出警方,對她家槍擊案的調查了吧。
Mycroft:How can we do?anything while she has the photographs? Our hands are tied.她仍持有照片,我們怎么調查?我們無能為力。
S:She'd applaud your?choice of words. You see how this works? The camera-phone is her get out of?jail free card. You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft.她肯定喜歡你的用詞,你還不懂么。那拍照手機是她免受牢獄之災的保障。讓她去吧,把她跟皇室同等看待,麥考夫。
W:Though not the wayshe treats royalty.What was that?別像她對待皇室那樣就好了。剛才是什么?
S:Text.短信。
W:But what was that?noise?那是什么聲音?
S:Did you know there?were other people after her too, Mycraft before you sent John and I in there? CIA?trained killers, I think.你知道還有別人在追殺她嗎麥考夫?在你讓我和約翰去找她之前?我認為是美國中情局職業殺手。
W:Thanks for that.多謝提醒啊麥克
Mrs H:It's a disgrace,?sending your little brother into danger like that. Family is all we have in the?end, Mycroft Holmes!羞不羞啊,讓親弟弟去冒這種險。人生一世,家人是唯一的依靠,麥考夫·福爾摩斯!
Mycroft:Oh, shut up, Mrs?Hudson!閉嘴吧,赫德森太太。
S:Mycroft!!麥考夫。
Mycroft:Apologies.我道歉。
Mrs H:Thank you.謝謝。
S:Though do in fact?shut up.但還是請閉嘴。
Mrs H:Oh, it's a bit rude,?that noise, isn't it?這鈴聲真是不太好吧?
S:There's nothing youcan do and nothing she will do, as far as I can see.?你什么也不能做,她什么也不會做,我覺得是這樣。
Mycroft:I can put maximum?surveillance on her.我可以下令全面監視她。
S:Why bother? You can?follow her on Twitter. I believe her user name is The Whip Hand.干嘛那么麻煩?在微博上粉她就好了,我記得她賬戶名是"鞭臨天下"。
Mycroft:Yes. Most amusing.?Excuse me. Hello?對哦,很有趣,抱歉失陪,喂?
W:Why does your phone?make that noise?你的手機為什么會發出那種聲音?
S:What noise?什么聲音?
W:That noise, the one?it just made.剛才那聲。
S:It's a text alert,?means I've got a text.短信鈴聲,表示我有新短信。
W:Hmm. Your texts?don't usually make that noise.嗯,但你短信一般會叫床。
S:Well, somebody got?hold of the phone and apparently as a joke, personalised their text alert?noise.顯然是有人拿了我的手機,玩笑性地把她的個人短信鈴聲改成了這個。
W:Hmm, so every time?they text you...哦,就是說每次那個人短信你...
S:It would seem so.看來是的。
Mrs H:Could you turn that?phone down a bit? At my time of life it's...你能把鈴音開小聲點嗎?在我那個年代可是...
W:See I'm wondering?who could have got hold of your phone. It would've been in your coat.我很好奇誰會拿到你的手機,它不是一直在你大衣口袋里嗎?
S:I'll leave you to?your deductions.你自己演繹推理吧
W:I'm not stupid, you?know.我可不是傻子
S:Where do you get?that idea?你怎么會有這樣的想法呢?
Mycroft:Bond Air is go,?that's decided. Check with the Coventry lot. Talk later.邦德直升機按原計劃出發,再跟考文垂組協商一下。再見。
S:What else does she?have? Irene Adler. The Americans wouldn't be interested in her for a couple of?compromising photographs. There's more. Much more. Something big's coming,?isn't it?她還藏著什么?艾琳·艾德勒美國人不會因為幾張不雅圖片就對她那么感興趣的,有很多比那多太多了,有大事要發生了是不是?
Mycroft:Irene Adler is no?longer any concern of yours. From now on, you will stay out of this.艾琳·艾德勒的事跟你不再相干了。從現在起你不許再管這事。
S:Oh, will I?是么?
Mycroft:Yes, Sherlock. You?will. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a long and arduous apology to make to a?very old friend.是的,夏洛克。你必須服從。抱歉我必須離開了要去給個老朋友道個誠摯的歉。
S:Do give her my love.代我向她問好。