Chapter 7
第七章
Thirty minutes went by. Tracy lay in the dark listening to the breathing of the others.
三十分鐘過去了。特蕾西躺在黑暗中,聽著那三個人的呼吸聲。
Across the cell, Paulita whispered, "Mama's gonna give you some real lovin' tonight. Take off your nightgown, baby."
牢房那一邊,波利塔低聲說:“老娘今晚要好好疼疼你。寶貝兒,把睡衣脫下來。”
"We're gonna teach you how to eat pussy, and you'll do it till you get it right," Lola giggled.
“我們要教你怎么擺姿勢,直到你學會為止。”洛拉咯咯地笑著說。
Still not a word from the black woman. Tracy felt the rush of wind as Lola and Paulita came at her, but Tracy was ready for them. She lifted the piece of metal she had concealed in her hand and swung with all her might, hitting one of the women in the face. There was a scream of pain, and Tracy kicked out at the other figure and saw her fall to the floor.
那黑人女人仍然沒有作聲。特蕾西感到迎面吹來一股風,洛拉和波利塔朝她撲過來。但是特蕾西早已作好準備,她舉起藏在手里的鐵棍,用盡全身力氣砸在其中一個女人的臉上。傳來一聲慘叫,接著,特蕾西抬腳朝另一個人影踢去,那人翻倒在地上。
"Come near me again and I'll kill you," Tracy said.
“再敢靠近我,我就殺了你們。”特蕾西說。
"You bitch!"
“你這臭婊子!”
Tracy could hear them start for her again, and she raised the piece of metal.
特蕾西聽到她們又朝她撲來,她舉起了鐵棍。
Ernestine's voice came abruptly out of the darkness. "Tha's enough. Leave her alone."
突然,黑暗中傳來歐內斯廷的聲音:“夠了。別再惹她。”
"Ernie, I'm bleedin'. I'm gonna fix her---"
“歐里,我流血了。我得報仇。”
"Do what the fuck I tell you."
“他媽的,聽我的。”
There was a long silence. Tracy heard the two women moving back to their bunks, breathing hard. Tracy lay there, tensed, ready for their next move.
長時間的沉默。特蕾西聽到那兩個女人呼哧帶喘地回到她們的床上。特蕾西躺在那里,全身繃得緊緊的,準備對付她們的下一步行動。
Ernestine Littlechap said, "You got guts, baby."
歐內斯廷-利特爾查普說:“寶貝兒,你是好樣的。”
Tracy was silent.
特蕾西沒有吭聲。
"You didn't sing to the warden." Ernestine laughed softly in the darkness. "If you had, you'd be dead meat."
“你沒向監獄長告狀。”黑暗中,歐內斯廷輕輕地笑了,“否則,你早就變成鬼了。”
Tracy believed her.
特蕾西相信她說的話。
"Why di'n' you let the warden move you to another cell?"
“你為什么不讓監獄長把你轉到別的牢房?”
So she even knew about that. "I wanted to come back here."
她竟然連這個都知道了。“我想回這兒來。”
"Yeah? What fo'?" There was a puzzled note in Ernestine Littlechap's voice.
“是嗎?為什么?”歐內斯廷的聲調帶著一絲迷惘。
This was the moment Tracy had been waiting for. "You're going to help me escape."
這正是特蕾西一直在等待的機會:“你可以幫我越獄。”