S:Well, that was?tedious.無聊死了。
W:You went on the tube?like that?你就這德性坐地鐵回來的?
S:None of the cabs?would take me.所有出租車司機都拒載。
S:Nothing?沒事發生?
W:Military coup in?Uganda. Another photo of you with their... Well, um, Cabinet reshuffle?烏干達兵變,又有張你戴著那個…好吧,內閣重組?
S:Oh!別提了。
S:Nothing of?importance? Oh, God! John, I need some. Get me some.就沒有重要的事嗎?天哪我要瘋了。約翰,我需要給我一點。
W:No.不干
S:Get me some.快給我一點
W:No. Cold turkey we?agreed, no matter what.不行,說好突然戒斷的,絕不妥協。
S:Anyway, you've paid?everyone off, remember?別忘了是你付錢收買他們的。
W:No-one within a?two-mile radius will sell you any.方圓兩英里內都不會有人賣給你了。
S:Stupid idea. Whose?idea was that?愚蠢的主意誰出的來著?
S:Mrs Hudson!赫德森太太
W:Look, Sherlock,?you're doing really well, don't give up now!聽著,夏洛克,你都忍到現在了,這會兒放棄多不值得。
S:Tell me where they?are! Please, tell me. Please.告訴我在哪兒,求你告訴我,求你了。
W:Can't help, sorry.抱歉我幫不了你咯。
S:I'll let you know?next week's lottery numbers. It was worth a try.我告訴你下周彩票中獎號,試試也好死心。
W:Yoo-hoo.好喲。
S:My secret supply,?what have you done with my secret supply?我的秘密存貨,你把我的秘密存貨藏哪了?
Mrs H:Eh?啊?
S:Cigarettes, what?have you done with them?煙,你都拿到哪去了?
Mrs H:You never let me?touch your things! Oh, chance would be a fine thing.你從不許我動你東西的,越找就越找不到哦。
S:I thought you?weren't my housekeeper.我以為你不是我管家呢。
Mrs?H:I'm not.我確實不是呀。
Mrs H:How about a nice?cuppa and perhaps you could put away your harpoon?喝杯茶如何?先把魚叉放起來。
S:I need something?stronger than tea. Seven percent stronger. You've been to see Mr Chatterjee?again.我需要比茶刺激性強7%的東西,你又去過查特吉先生那兒了。
Mrs H:Pardon?你說啥?
S:Sandwich shop. That's?a new dress, but there's flour on the sleeve. You wouldn't dress like that for?baking.三明治店,新衣服但袖口有面粉,你烤東西不會穿這么好。
W:Sherlock...夏洛克…
S:Thumbnail. Tiny?traces of foil. Been at the scratch cards again. We all know where that leads. Kasbah?Nights. Racy for a Monday morning, wouldn't you agree? I wrote a blog on the?identification of perfumes on the website. You should look it up!大拇指甲里有箔粉痕跡,又去刮卡了,結果不用說了吧,"皇城之夜"周一早上用這個太挑逗了,你覺得呢?我在博客上寫了一篇關于辨別香水的文章,你該去讀一讀。
W:Please!行了。
S:Don't pin your hopes?on that cruise with Mr Chatterjee, he's got a wife in Duncaster nobody knows?about.別幻想和查特吉先生去乘游輪了,沒人知道他在唐克斯特有個老婆。
Mrs H:Sherlock!夏洛克!
S:Well, nobody except?me.當然了,除了我之外。
Mrs H:I don't know what?you're talking about, I really don't!我真的不知道你在說什么。
W:What the bloody hell?was all that about?你剛才那是要干嘛?
S:You don't?understand.你不懂。
W:Go after her and?apologise.快去跟她道歉。
S:Apologise?道歉?
W:Hmm.沒錯。
S:Oh, John, I envy you?so much.哦約翰我太妒忌你了
W:You envy me?你妒忌我?
S:Your mind, it's so?placid, straight-forward, barely used. Mine's like an engine, racing out of?control. A rocket, tearing itself to pieces, trapped on the launch pad. I need?a case!你的頭腦多么簡單,幾乎不轉,而我的就像臺轉速過快的引擎,像被困在發射臺上快炸成碎片的火箭。我需要案子。
W:You've just solved one, by harpooning a dead pig, apparently!你不是剛破了一起嗎?顯然通過用魚叉戳死豬。
S:Oh, that was this?morning. When's the next one?那是今天早上了,下一個什么時候才有?
W:Nothing on the?website?網站上沒消息嗎?
S:"Dear Mr SherlockHolmes. I can't find Bluebell anywhere. "Please, please, please can youhelp?"?
"親愛的夏洛克·福爾摩斯先生""我找不到藍鈴花了,求你啦能幫幫我嗎?"
W:Bluebell?藍鈴花?
S:A rabbit, John!一只兔子,約翰。
W:Oh.哦。
S:Ah, but there's?more. Before Bluebell disappeared, it turned luminous. Like a fairy, according?to little Kirsty. Then the next morning, Bluebell was gone. Hutch still locked,?no sign of a forced entry. What am I saying, this is brilliant! Phone Lestrade.?Tell him there's an escaped rabbit.還沒完呢,藍鈴花消失前突然發起光來,像小精靈一樣,科斯蒂小朋友寫道,第二天早上藍鈴花就不見了,籠子鎖著,沒有強行闖入的痕跡。我在說什么這案子太好了,打電話給雷斯垂德,告訴他有只兔子逃跑了。
W:Are you serious?你開玩笑呢吧?
S:It's this or Cluedo.不照辦就玩"妙探尋兇"。
W:Ah, no. We are never?playing that again.不干,再也不跟你玩那個了。
S:Why not?怎么?
W:It's not possible?for the victim to have done it.Sherlock,that's why.不可能是受害人干的,夏洛克。
S:It was the only?possible solution.這是唯一可行的解釋啊。
W:It's not in the?rules.規則里沒寫。
S:Well, then, therules are wrong!那就是游戲規則錯了。
W:A single ring.只響了一下。
S:Maximum pressure, just under the half second. Client!用力一按到底,只響了半秒,委托人。
TV:Dartmoor, it'salways been a place of myth and legend, but is there something else lurking outhere? Something very real. Dartmoor is also home to one the government's mostsecret of operations, the chemical and biological weapons research centre, whichis said to be even more sensitive than Porton Down. Since the end of the SecondWorld War, there have been persistent stories about the Baskervilleexperiments. Genetic mutations, animals grown for the battlefield. There aremany who believe that within this compound, in the heart of this ancientwildness, there are horrors beyond imagining. But the real question is, are allof them still inside?達特沼地一直流傳各種神話傳說,但是否真有什么潛伏著呢?非常真實的東西,達特沼地也是政府最神秘機構的所在地,生化武器研究中心是比波登當(國防科技實驗室)還敏感的名詞。二戰結束后,坊間一直流傳著巴斯克維爾實驗的傳言,基因突變的,為戰場培育的動物,很多人相信,在這排圍欄里,在這片古老的荒野中有難以想象的恐怖事件發生,但更重要的問題是,是否有些已踏入外面的世界?
H:I was just a kid. Itwas on the moor. It was dark, but I know what I saw. I know what killed myfather.?我那時還只是個孩子,就發生在沼地上,天很黑但我知道看見了什么,我知道是什么殺了我父親。
S:What did you see?你看見了什么?
H:Oh, I was just about?to say.我后面正要說呢。
S:Yes, in a TV?interview. I prefer to do my own editing.那是電視采訪,我喜歡聽未剪輯版
H:Yes. Sorry, yes, of?course. Excuse me.對哦,抱歉。
S:In your own time. But?quite quickly.不著急但還是快點
H:Do you know?Dartmoor, Mr Holmes?您知道達特沼地嗎?福爾摩斯先生?
S:No.不知道。
H:It's an amazing?place, it's like nowhere else, it's sort of bleak, but beautiful.美麗的地方,獨一無二,有些荒涼,但是很美。
S:Hm, not interested. Moving?on.不感興趣,繼續。
H:We used to go for?walks, after my mum died, my dad and me. Every evening, we'd go out onto the?moor.母親去世之后,我和父親經常去散步。每天晚上走去沼地。
S:Good. Skipping to?the night that your dad was violently killed, where did that happen?好吧快進到你父親被殘殺那天晚上發生在哪里?
H:There's a place, it's?a sort of local landmark, called Dewer's Hollow. That's an ancient name for the?devil.有這么個地方,算是當地地標,叫惡魔谷。德沃是惡魔的古名。
S:So? 所以呢?
W:Did you see the?devil that night?你那晚上看到惡魔了嗎?
H:Yes.是的。
H:It was huge. Coal-black fur with red eyes. It?got him. Tore at him, tore him apart. I can't remember anything else. They?found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor. My dad's body was never?found.體型巨大,皮毛烏黑,雙目血紅,它把他撲倒在地,不停撕咬,將他撕碎,我只記得這些了,他們第二天早上發現我在沼地游蕩,爸爸的尸體至今未找到。
W:Red eyes, coal-blackfur, enormous... A dog? Wolf? Or a genetic experiment.雙目血紅毛發烏黑龐大...狗?狼?或是基因實驗品。
H:Are you laughing at?me, Mr Holmes?你在笑我嗎?福爾摩斯先生?
S:Why, are you joking?怎么你說笑話了?
H:My dad was always?going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville. About the type of?monsters they were breeding there. People used to laugh at him. At least the TV?people took me seriously.我父親一直跟我講,他們在巴斯克維爾做的事情,告訴我他們培育的怪獸,人們總是笑話他,至少電視臺的人認真對待我。
S:And I assume did?wonders for Devon tourism.我猜也是德文郡旅游業的福音吧。
W:Henry, whatever didhappen to your father,it was 20 yearsago.?亨利,不管你父親有怎樣的遭遇都是20年以前的事了。
S:Why come to us now?怎么現在來找我們呢?
H:Not sure you canhelp me, Mr Holmes, since you find it all so funny!?你大概幫不了我,福爾摩斯先生,既然你覺得整件事很可笑。
S:Because of what?happened last night.因為昨晚發生的事。
W:Why, what happened?last night?怎么昨晚發生什么事了?
H:How... How do you?know?你...怎么知道?