很多人耳熟能詳的《狼來了》的故事,其實出自《伊索寓言》,所以也就難怪英文中也有對應說法了。
1. cry wolf喊“狼來了”;發假警報
If you cry wolf too often, people will stop believing that you need help.
如果你常喊“狼來了”,人們便不會再相信你需要幫助。
Do you think Peter is in trouble or is he just crying wolf?
你覺得皮特是真的有困難,還是無病呻吟?
2. freak flag獨特之處,另類的一面
My high school literature teacher taught me to always be true to myself and to wear my freak flag proudly.
我高中的語文老師告訴我,要永遠遵從自己的內心,驕傲地展現出自己另類的一面。
3. get out of hand失控
The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.
聚會失去了控制,賓客們開始相互扔瓶子。
4. get?your head around it明白,搞清楚
I just can’t get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.
難以置信喬就要離開我們了。
5. dig in your heels / stick to your guns堅持立場
My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels / stuck to my guns?and went on to become a famous writer.
父母想讓我放棄寫作,但我堅持了下來,終于成為著名的作家。
6. pound the pavement徘徊于街頭找工作
I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.
我在街上轉了好幾個月,終于找到了一份快餐店的工作。
精彩推薦:
廣州電話英語培訓排名https://www.douban.com/note/544188211/