《權利的游戲》里一句話就滿是智慧,你都懂多少?

The more people you love, the weaker you are.

你在乎的人越多,你就越脆弱。


Nothing someone says before the word "but" really counts.

“但是”之前的話,并無意義。


The man who fears losing has already lost.

當你害怕失去的那一刻,你已經不再擁有。


Laughter is poison to fear.

笑可以殺死恐懼。


You will see exactly what life is worth, when all the rest has gone.

當其他的一切都消失的時候,你會明白生命究竟有何價值。


A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

一只雄獅才不會在乎羊群的想法。


-How can a man be brave if he's afraid?

-That is the only time a man can be brave.

“一個人害怕的時候還能夠勇敢?”

“一個人唯有在害怕的時候才能夠(彰顯)勇敢。”



Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick, a shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

眾望所指,權力所棲。惑人的把戲,如浮影游墻。即便是矮小之人,也能投射出巨大的影子。(網友譯)


Jugglers and singers require applause.

雜耍的和唱歌的才需要掌聲。


Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

永遠不要忘了你是誰,因為這個世界就不會忘。把它(身份、特點)變成你的力量,它就永遠不會成為你的弱點。用它武裝你自己,它就永遠不會成為別人傷害你的工具。


I want you to know what it’s like to love someone, to truly love someone, before I take her from you.

我要你知道愛一個人是什么感覺,真正地愛,然后我會把她從你身邊奪走。


Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.

有些舊傷口從來不曾真正愈合,只消輕輕撩撥,又會血流不止。


No one can survive in this world without help.

沒有人可以在這個世界上獨活。


A man without friends is a man without power.

無朋黨,則無勢力。


What do we have left once we abandon the lie?

拋開謊言,我們還會剩下什么?


It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on his head.

一旦給狗戴上皇冠,就很難給它戴上狗圈了。


The only way to keep the small folk loyal is to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy.

讓小民保持忠順的唯一辦法就是讓他們畏懼你更甚于敵人。


Who can rule without wealth or fear or love?

無財富不統治,無恐懼不統治,無愛不統治。


Sometimes those with the most power have the least grace.

有時候,最有權勢的人最缺乏恩德。


I choose my allies carefully, and my enemies more carefully still.

我謹慎地選擇我的盟友,而選敵人,我更謹慎些。


Calling yourself king doesn’t make you one.

自稱為王,不一定就是王。


One victory does not make us conquerors.

一次勝利并不代表我們就所向無敵。


They’re not gonna respect you until you prove yourself.

在你證明你自己之前,他們不會尊重你的。


It doesn’t matter what we want, once we get it, then we want something else.

我們想要什么并不重要,因為一旦我們得到了,我們就會想要其他的。


But it is one thing to be clever and another to be wise.

然而,聰明與智慧根本就是兩回事的。





以上英文語錄出自《權力的游戲》,除個別句子注明“網友譯”,其他所有句子均為作者Kurny翻譯。


這些語句都是讓我心為之震撼、感觸頗深的。歡迎你留言分享一下你喜歡、覺得很棒的句子。


最后編輯于
?著作權歸作者所有,轉載或內容合作請聯系作者
平臺聲明:文章內容(如有圖片或視頻亦包括在內)由作者上傳并發布,文章內容僅代表作者本人觀點,簡書系信息發布平臺,僅提供信息存儲服務。

推薦閱讀更多精彩內容

  • **2014真題Directions:Read the following text. Choose the be...
    又是夜半驚坐起閱讀 9,815評論 0 23
  • 回家的列車剛剛駛了一半,朋友給我發消息說,到家了嗎?到家給我拍下家鄉的天空吧,好久沒回家了,拍天空?看著這個消息第...
    傻啦嘿閱讀 200評論 0 0
  • 也許大家最近注意到馬男火了,都紛紛表示與其那些雞湯還是喜歡喝馬湯,波杰克馬男用直率、不嬌柔做作的方式表達出對社會...
    kxob閱讀 580評論 2 5
  • <1> “我希望有個如你一般的人,如山間清晨一般明亮清爽的風,如奔赴古城道路上的陽光,溫暖而不炙熱,覆蓋我所有的肌...
    你會唱小幸運么閱讀 215評論 0 1
  • 第一階段:掌握全貌 目的:了解主題和主要結論方法:先讀開頭和結尾幾段 第二階段:通讀 方法:全文快速通讀一遍,覺得...
    sly61閱讀 419評論 0 0