浩瀚的空間,無盡的時間。渺小的人類在斑斕空寂的宇宙漂流。地球上是無盡的等待,宇宙中是致死的孤獨。就像博爾赫斯的那首詩:"命運之神沒有憐憫之心,上帝的長夜沒有盡期。你的肉體只是時光,不停流逝的時光。你只不過是每一個孤獨的瞬息。"
網易云上再次聽到《A Lovely Wedding》,搬運相關的三首歌和下面的評論,希望對你有所啟發,good nite。
把《We Choose To Go To The Moon》《Taijin Kyofusho》《A Lovely Wedding》三首連聽,你會聽到人類探索太空從不顧一切的熱血和勇氣,到失敗時的傷痛、無力,但即使人類再渺小,太空再浩瀚,探索的腳步永遠不會停下來,這就是為什么我們的文明能存在的根基。
《We Choose To Go To The Moon》
But why, some say, the moon
但是,有人問,為什么選擇登月
Why choose this as our goal
為什么選擇登月作為我們的目標?
And they may well ask
那他們完全可以問
Why climb the highest mountain
為什么要登上最高峰?
Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic
為什么 35 年前要飛越大西洋?
Why does Rice play Texas
為什么賴斯大學要和德克薩斯大學進行(橄欖球)比賽?
We choose to go to the moon
我們選擇登月
We choose to go to the moon
我們選擇登月
We choose to go to the moon
我們選擇
In this decade and do the other things
在這十年間登月,并且完成其他的事
Not because they are easy
不是因為它們輕而易舉
But because they are hard
而是因為它們困難重重
Because that goal will serve to organize
因為這個目標將有助于統籌
And measure the best
和衡量我們最佳的
Of our energies and skills
能源和技術
Because that challenge is one
因為這個挑戰
That we are willing to accept
是我們樂于接受的
One we are unwilling to postpone
是我們不愿推遲的
And one which we intend to win
是我們志在必得的
And the others, too
其他的挑戰亦是如此
我們選擇登月 (We Choose to Go to the Moon,又譯《我們決定登月》) 是美國前總統約翰·費茨杰拉德·肯尼迪(John Fitzgerald Kennedy)于1962年9月12日在賴斯大學的一篇關于航天事業的演講。之后,這篇演講被視為阿波羅登月計劃奠基的第一鏟土。肯尼迪本人于1963年遇刺身亡,登月計劃由約翰遜總統與尼克松總統接管。經過不懈努力,終于在1969年7月成功將人類送上了月球。
《Taijin Kyofusho》
PLT (Willie McCool): OK Houston, we’re gonna start APUs 1 and 3 now
宇航員:好的休斯頓,我們開始打開1號和3號
CAPCOM (Charlie Hobaugh): And Willie, we’re with you on remaining APU start
指揮中心:然后我們會一起跟進輔助的動力單元的開啟
CAPCOM: And Columbia, the Hyd Fluid Thermal Conditioning will not be required today… we’ll meet you on the cards
指揮中心:呼叫哥倫比亞,氫燃料溫度狀況今天不列入必檢項目…我們一會大氣層見
PLT: We copy Houston, Hyd Fluid Thermal Conditioning not required and we copy going to the cards
飛行員:收到休斯頓,氫燃料溫度狀況無需檢測,我們進入大氣層
CAPCOM: And Rick, don’t wanna lead you astray, and don’t forget the stuff on page 3-44
指揮中心:Rick,我們可不是想誤導你,可別忘了寫在手冊3-44頁上的東西
CDR (Rick Husband): Alright we’re checking that, we got the flight controller power on and we’re working through the rest of it as well, thanks
指揮官:好的我們馬上檢查,我們打開了飛行控制系統的電源并且正在認真的進行接下來的事情
CAPCOM: Sounds good
指揮中心:很好
CAPCOM: Columbia, Houston, for Rick we’ll take another ITEM 27 please...
指揮中心:呼叫哥倫比亞號Rick,這里是休斯頓,我們請求再進行一次27號項目
CAPCOM: Columbia, Houston, comm check
指揮中心:休斯頓呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答
CAPCOM: Columbia,Houston, UHF comm check…
指揮中心:休斯頓高頻道呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答!
CAPCOM: Columbia,Houston, UHF comm check…
指揮中心:休斯頓高頻道呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答!!
CAPCOM: Columbia,Houston, UHF comm check…
指揮中心:休斯頓高頻道呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答!!!!
CAPCOM: Columbia,Houston, UHF comm check…
指揮中心:休斯頓高頻道呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答!!!!!
CAPCOM: Columbia,Houston, UHF comm check…
指揮中心:休斯頓高頻道呼叫哥倫比亞號,收到請回答....
作品人聲音效取材于NASA通訊資料:2003年美國哥倫比亞航天飛機返回地球解體,7名宇航員全部遇難。這段電臺通訊錄音是休斯頓指揮中心最后與航天飛機聯絡的片段。
最可怕的事是當你一遍一遍呼叫一個人的時候,永遠得不到回應。
《A Lovely Wedding - Snow and Sky》
Ladies and Gentlemen,
女士們先生們,
I‘d planned to speak to you tonight to report on the state of the Union, but the events of earlier today have led me to change those plans.
我本來打算今晚向你們宣讀國情咨文,但今天早些時候發生的事件讓我改變了計劃。
Today is a day for mourning and remembering. Nancy and I are pained to the core by the tragedy of the shuttle Challenger.
今天是哀悼和懷念的日子。南希和我為“挑戰者號”航天飛機的悲劇感到至為痛心。
We know we share this pain with all of the people of our country. This is truly a national loss.
我們知道全體國人人同此心。這真正是全國人的損失。
Nineteen years ago, almost to the day, we lost three astronauts in a terrible accident on the ground.
十九年前,幾乎就在今天,在一次可怕的地面事故中,我們喪失了三名宇航員。
But, we‘ve never lost an astronaut in flight. We‘ve never had a tragedy like this.
然而我們從未在飛行中喪失過宇航員。我們從未經歷過這樣的災難。
And perhaps we‘ve forgotten the courage it took for the crew of the shuttle.
也許我們已經忘記,航天飛機機組人員需要多么大的勇氣。
But they, the Challenger Seven, were aware of the dangers, but overcame them and did their jobs brilliantly.
但是挑戰者的七位宇航員深知其中的危險,他們堅忍不拔地克服了困難并出色地履行了自己的職責。
We mourn seven heroes: Michael Smith, Dick Scobee, Judith Resnik, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onizuka, Gregory Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe.
我們悼念這七位英雄:邁克爾·史密斯、迪克·斯科比、朱迪恩·倫斯尼克、羅納德·賣克奈爾、埃利森·奧尼祖卡、格雷戈里·賈維斯、克麗斯塔·麥考利夫。
We mourn their loss as a nation together.
我們舉國哀悼失去的英雄。
For the families of the seven, we cannot bear, as you do, the full impact of this tragedy.
對于這七位英雄的家人,我們不能百分之百地像你們那樣的感受這場災難的打擊。
But we feel the loss, and we‘re thinking about you so very much.
但是我們感受到了損失,我們認為你們一定也是這樣。
Your loved ones were daring and brave, and they had that special grace, that special spirit that says, “Give me a challenge, and I‘ll meet it with joy.”
你們的親人勇敢無畏,他們的特殊姿態和特殊精神告訴我們:“把挑戰給我,我要滿懷喜悅的去迎。"
They had a hunger to explore the universe and discover its truths. They wished to serve, and they did. They served all of us.
他們渴望探索宇宙,渴望揭開宇宙的奧秘。他們希望盡職,他們做到了。他們為我們所有人盡了職。
We‘ve grown used to wonders in this century.
這個世紀,我們對奇跡已習以為常。
It‘s hard to dazzle us. But for twenty-five years the United States space program has been doing just that.
很難有什么會使我們贊嘆不已。但是美國航天計劃二十五年來做的正是如此。
We‘ve grown used to the idea of space, and, perhaps we forget that we‘ve only just begun.
我們對太空計劃已經習以為常,也許已經忘了我們不過剛剛起步。
We‘re still pioneers.
我們仍然是開拓者。
They, the members of the Challenger crew, were pioneers.
他們——挑戰者號全體機組人員是開拓者。
And I want to say something to the schoolchildren of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle‘s take-off.
我要對觀看航天飛機發射直播的美國學童說幾句話。
I know it‘s hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen.
我知道后者難以理解,但有時像這樣令人痛苦的事確實會發生。
It‘s all part of the process of exploration and discovery.
這些都是探索和發現過程的一部分。
It‘s all part of taking a chance and expanding man‘s horizons.
這些都是承擔風險、拓展人類世界范圍的一部分。
The future doesn‘t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave.
未來不屬于弱者,未來屬于強者。
The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we‘ll continue to follow them.
挑戰者號全體人員把我們推向未來,我們將繼續追隨他們。
I‘ve always had great faith in and respect for our space program.
我一直對我們的航天計劃充滿信心,并懷抱敬意。
And what happened today does nothing to diminish it. We don‘t hide our space program.
今天發生的悲劇決不會削弱它。我們不會就此停止我們的航天計劃。
We don‘t keep secrets and cover things up. We do it all up front and in public.
我們沒有保密和隱瞞。我們堂堂正正地公開實施它。
That‘s the way freedom is, and we wouldn‘t change it for a minute.
這正是自由的方式,我們一分鐘也不會改變它。
We‘ll continue our quest in space.
我們將繼續探索太空。
There will be more shuttle flights and more shuttle crews and, yes, more volunteers, more civilians, more teachers in space.
我們將有更多次航天飛行,有更多宇航員,更多志愿,,更多平民,更多教師進入太空。
Nothing ends here; our hopes and our journeys continue.
一切都不會到此為止;我們的希望和我們的旅程不會停步。
I want to add that I wish I could talk to every man and woman who works for NASA, or who worked on this mission and tell them:
我還想說,我希望能和為國家航空航天局,或者為完成此次使命而工作的每一個人談話,告訴他們:
“Your dedication and professionalism have moved and impressed us for decades. And we know of your anguish. We share it.”
“幾十年來,你們的奉獻和敬業精神令我們感動,讓我們銘記在心。我們了解你們的痛苦。并且我們感同身受。”
There‘s a coincidence today.
今天還有一個巧合。
On this day 390 years ago, the great explorer Sir Francis Drake died aboard ship off the coast of Panama. In his lifetime the great frontiers were the oceans, and a historian later said,
三百九十年前的今天,偉大的探險家佛朗西斯·德雷克勛爵在巴拿馬附近海面的一條船上死去。在他生活的時代,最大的疆界就是海洋,后來一位歷史學家說:
“He lived by the sea, died on it, and was buried in it.” Well, today, we can say of the Challenger crew: Their dedication was, like Drake‘s, complete.
“他生在海邊,死在海上,葬在海里。”今天我們同樣可以對挑戰者號乘員說:像德雷克一樣,他們的奉獻是毫無保留的。
The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives.
挑戰者號航天飛機乘員的生命歷程給我們帶來榮耀。
We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and “slipped the surly bonds of earth” to “touch the face of God.”
我們永遠不會忘記他們,也不會忘記今天早上最后一次見到他們,那時他們正準備上路,揮手告別,“掙脫大地粗暴的束縛,去觸摸上帝的臉。”
Thank you.
謝謝各位。
人聲后搖,采集了當年美國總統里根關于挑戰者號航天飛機失事的演講。海浪聲,鳥鳴聲,鋼琴聲使致辭更顯悲愴,但卻又感受到了生命不息的呢喃。他們掙脫大地粗暴的束縛,去觸摸上帝的臉,向人類的先驅致敬。
【1】機長弗朗西斯·斯科比(Francis Scobee)曾是美國空軍戰斗機飛行員,后來成為一名高級飛行器的試驗飛行員,一生與危險打交道。他幽默、開朗,成為全機組的核心與靈魂。
【2】駕駛員邁克爾·史密斯(Michael Smith),曾在美國海軍服役,擔任過戰斗機飛行員,多次獲得獎章,其中包括海軍特級飛行十字勛章和國家敢于戰斗銀星十字勛章。
【3】宇航員朱蒂絲·雷斯尼克(Judith Resnik),在余暇時喜歡彈鋼琴,喜歡在音樂中尋找美的享受。朱迪絲喜歡微笑總是迫不及待地想對人民有所貢獻。她的微笑中充滿對事業和生活的信心。
【4】宇航員羅納德·麥克奈爾(Ronald McNair),來自加利福尼亞州的南部,在棉田的勞動中錘煉了他堅毅的性格他夢想著到外層空間站去生活,在失重的太空中做試驗:吹奏薩克斯管。
【5】格里高利·杰維斯(Gregory Jarvis)滿懷希望參加這次宇航旅行,他隨身帶著一面小旗子,這是他的母校巴法洛紐約州大學送給他的紀念品,他愿帶著這面旗幟去開拓空間的探險,
【6】埃里森·奧尼佐卡(鬼冢承二;Ellison Onizuka)生于夏威夷,其祖籍是日本人。他在孩提時代總愛光著腳板在咖啡地和麥卡達美亞墓地跑來跑去。他早就夢想著有一天去月球旅行。成為飛行員后,他雄心勃勃地準備大展宏圖。
【7】科里斯塔·麥考利芙(Christa McAuliffe)是一位有名的社會學女教師,已婚,并育有一兒一女。按計劃她將在太空通過電視向美國和加拿大250多萬中小學生講授兩節太空課,還將在航天飛機上參加幾項科學表演,錄像后也要向學生播放,成為世界上第一位“太空教師”。
一只船孤獨的航行在海上,它既不尋求幸福,也不逃避幸福,它只是向前航行,底下是沉靜碧藍的大海,而頭頂是金色的太陽。
逝者安息~