女王的棋局第1季第3集臺詞
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Mom! | 媽媽 |
后翼棄兵 第三集 | |
Well, now. | 瞧瞧這里 |
Welcome. | 歡迎 |
- Got a cigarette, doctor? - Sorry, I... | -有煙嗎醫生-抱歉我... |
I asked for a pleasant room, | 我讓他們安排個好房間 |
and I believe they gave me one. | 看來他們做到了 |
- I'm Beth. - Harmon. Kentucky State Champion. | -我是貝絲-哈蒙肯塔基州冠軍 |
Nice to meet you. | 幸會 |
There are two games a day, and the time control is 120/40. | 每天兩場比賽時間是120/40 |
You get two hours to make 40 moves. | 你有兩小時時間走40步棋 |
Welcome to Cincinnati. | 歡迎來到辛辛那提 |
Thank you. | 謝謝 |
And the rook comes to the seventh rank. | 象到第七線 |
That right there... | 就在那 |
that is a bone in the throat. | 那可是如鯁在喉 |
Guy takes one look at this, he pays up, 20 bucks. | 那家伙看了一眼棋局直接給了20元 |
The Caro-Kann Defense, genuine bummer. | 卡羅-卡恩防御真掃興 |
What's wrong with Caro-Kann? | 卡羅-卡恩怎么了 |
It's all pawns and no hope. | 全是兵沒希望 |
Here, look, I'll show you, all right? This is Caro-Kann. | 來我走給你看好吧卡羅-卡恩 |
I'd take the knight. | 我走馬 |
You're, um... | 你是 |
Aren't you that kid from Kentucky who wiped out Harry Beltik? | 你不就是肯塔基州打敗哈利·貝爾蒂克的那孩子嗎 |
If you take his knight, then you double his pawns. | 如果你吃他的馬他就疊兵了 |
Big deal. Like I said, it's all pawns... | 那又怎樣我說了全是兵 |
and no hope. | 沒希望 |
Let me show you how you win with Black. | 我教你怎么用黑棋贏 |
Watch this. | 看好了 |
What does White do here? | 白棋現在該怎么辦 |
- Queen takes pawn. - Queen takes pawn. | -后吃兵-后吃兵 |
Rook to king eight. Check. | 象到王線4將軍 |
Queen falls. | 后被吃了 |
- That's Mieses-Reshevsky. - Yeah. | -那是米斯對戰雷謝夫斯基的棋局-沒錯 |
- From the '30s. - Very good. Margate, 1935. | -30年代的-非常好馬蓋特于1935年記載的 |
White played rook to queen one. | 白棋走象到后線1 |
What else has he got? | 他還有什么招 |
All right, I gotta go. | 行了我得走了 |
Hey, you know what? | 知道嗎 |
Reshevsky, he was playing like that... | 雷謝夫斯基走這個開局的時候 |
back when he was your age, little girl. | 大概就是你現在這個年齡 |
Or even younger. | 或更年輕 |
Are you playing? | 你比賽嗎 |
Oh, what, here? | 什么在這嗎 |
Nah, nah. | 不不 |
Just come through, see some old friends. | 就來看看見見老朋友 |
And plus, playing too many opens... | 再說比太多公開賽 |
it can only hurt me, you know what I mean? | 只讓我傷心你懂嗎 |
Good luck. | 祝你好運 |
- Hello. - Hello. | -你好-你好 |
Beth Harmon. Where am I playing? | 貝絲·哈蒙我在哪桌 |
It's table 15, right over there. | 15桌就在那邊 |
- Thank you. - You're welcome. | -謝謝-不客氣 |
- Beth Harmon. - Shit. | -貝絲·哈蒙-見鬼 |
Stupid... | 蠢東西 |
- Harmon? - What are you two doing here? | -哈蒙-你們在這干什么 |
Losing mostly. | 大部分輸棋來著 |
We're on the university team now. Second and third alternate. | 我們現在進大學校隊了二三位替補 |
Oh, I'm sorry we won't get to play. | 抱歉我們沒法比了 |
We're not. You destroy everyone you play, Harmon. | 確實你跟誰比對方都輸哈蒙 |
- I can only lose so much. - That's the truth. | -我可不輸不起那么多-沒錯 |
I said slow down! | 我說了慢點 |
Isn't that skating rink a little close to the bowling alley? | 這個溜冰場是不是里保齡球道太近了 |
Do you mind? | 能小聲點嗎 |
- Sorry. - It works out. You see, it... | -抱歉-這樣很合理你瞧 |
It keeps the bowlers cool, and you automatically... | 這能讓打保齡的人涼快然后你就自然而然... |
What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
Replaying my earlier games. | 重現我之前的棋局 |
What on earth for? | 這是為了什么 |
Looking for weaknesses in my play. | 尋找我棋法里的漏洞和弱點 |
I see. | 這樣 |
And? | 然后呢 |
There aren't any. | 沒有弱點 |
Good girl. | 乖女兒 |
It's so much more exciting than I imagined. | 這比我想得精彩多了 |
Did you watch the whole game? | 你看了整場比賽嗎 |
Of course. | 當然 |
Beth. | 貝絲 |
When he brought out his rook, then took that pawn... | 當他用象吃掉兵的時候 |
I thought you were done for. I should have known better. | 我以為你要輸了我真是太天真了 |
Yes, you should have. | 對你太天真了 |
Elizabeth, | 伊麗莎白 |
aren't you going to introduce me to your friends? | 給我介紹下你的朋友吧 |
Sorry, | 不好意思 |
Matt, Mike, this is my mom. | 馬特邁克這是我媽媽 |
Mike, nice to meet you. | 邁克幸會 |
- Nice to meet you. - And I'm Matt. | -幸會-我是馬特 |
- A pleasure. - Nice to meet you. | -幸會-幸會 |
Well, I don't know about you young people, but I'm famished. | 我不知道你們年輕人怎么樣我可餓壞了 |
There's a restaurant in the hotel lobby. | 酒店大堂就有餐廳 |
- Show us the way? - Sure. | -帶我們去吧-好的 |
I can't make up my mind which one is more handsome. | 我說不好他倆誰更帥 |
I'd like to play in the US Open. | 我想參加美國公開賽 |
You might win it. | 你可能贏呢 |
Would that lead to playing abroad? | 那樣能出國比賽嗎 |
In Europe, I mean? | 去歐洲 |
No reason why not. They have to know you before they invite you. | 沒什么不可能他們必須得知道你才會邀請你 |
Would winning the Open make them know about me? | 贏了美國公開賽能讓他們知道我嗎 |
Hell yes! | 當然 |
Benny Watts plays in Europe all the time now | 本尼·瓦茨現在一直在歐洲比賽 |
that he has his international title. | 都獲得國際冠軍了 |
How's the prize money? | 獎金如何 |
Pretty good, I think. | 應該很豐厚吧 |
Hm? What's pretty good? | 有多豐厚 |
More than in the States. | 比美國多 |
What about Russia? | 那蘇聯呢 |
The Soviets are murder. | 蘇聯人就是殺手 |
They eat Americans for breakfast over there. | 他們能把美國人當早飯吃了 |
I don't think there's been an American with a prayer | 我覺得過去20年里沒有美國棋手 |
against them in 20 years. | 敢想著打敗他們 |
It's like ballet. | 就像芭蕾一樣 |
They pay people to play chess. | 他們付錢讓人們去下象棋 |
We should probably go. We don't wanna be late. | 我們該走了可不能遲到對吧 |
This one's for all the marbles. | 這次是為了獲勝 |
Five hundred of them to be exact. | 一共500美元獎金呢 |
That's Rudolph. He's a master. | 那是魯道夫他是特級大師 |
Beth cannot be happy about being crowded into an ending | 貝絲肯定不喜歡這樣被困在一個只有 |
with a rook, a knight, and three pawns. | 一車一馬三兵的殘局里 |
It's so complicated. | 好復雜 |
And that's check. | 將軍了 |
And that's mate. | 將死 |
I've allowed 12 dollars for our celebration supper tonight, | 今晚晚餐慶祝的預算是12美元 |
and two dollars for a small breakfast in the morning. | 明早可以吃個2美元的簡單早餐 |
That makes our total expenses, so far, $172.30. | 這樣的話我們的總開銷就是172.3美元 |
Which leaves over 300 dollars. | 就還剩300美元 |
Beth. | 貝絲 |
I was thinking... | 我在想 |
perhaps you could give me 10%, as an agent's commission? | 或許你可以給我10%的提成作為經紀人傭金 |
Let's make it 15%. | 15%吧 |
Which would be 49 dollars and 54 cents. | 那樣就是49元54分 |
They told me at Methuen you were marvelous at math. | 之前梅休因的人就說你數學很好 |
"Schoolgirl beats Grandmaster in Pittsburgh." | "女學生在匹茲堡擊敗特級大師" |
"Onlookers were amazed at her youthful fine points of strategy." | "觀賽者驚嘆于她新奇獨到的戰術" |
"She shows the assurance of a player twice her age." | "她展現出比同齡人多一倍的信心" |
That's national recognition, dear. | 這是國家認可了親愛的 |
I'm afraid she's had a bit of a relapse. | 恐怕她又復發了 |
The doctor wants to keep her in bed for a few more days. | 醫生想讓她在臥床休息幾天 |
I'm sure she'll be better by Monday. | 我想她周一肯定會好多了 |
One of the worst colds I've ever seen in a child. | 我見過孩子所患最嚴重的感冒了 |
The poor dear. | 可憐的小家伙 |
We're gonna be late. | 我們要遲到了 |
Yeah. | 對 |
Lots of liquids. | 多多喝水 |
- Thank you. - You're Welcome. | -謝謝-不客氣 |
There's a tournament in Huston over the holidays, | 過節時休斯頓有個錦標賽 |
starting on the 26th. | 從26號開始 |
I understand it's very easy to travel on Christmas Day | 我知道在圣誕節出門很容易 |
since most people are home eating plum pudding or whatever. | 因為大多數人都在家吃杏子布丁什么的 |
I saw that one, too. | 我也看到那個比賽了 |
I believe we could fly to Huston, | 我想我們可以飛過去 |
have a very pleasant winter vacation in the sun. | 曬著太陽過個愜意的冬天 |
Do girly things. | 做點女孩的事 |
I hear they have a very lovely beauty spa at the hotel. | 我聽說酒店有個很不錯的水療按摩 |
Yes, Mother. | 好的母親 |
She has a fever of 101. | 她高燒發到38.3度 |
Must be the flu. | 肯定是流感 |
She won't be back until after the holidays. | 她要節日以后才能回來了 |
They're calling you a wunderkind. | 人們說你是神童 |
I might have to start keeping a scrapbook. | 我最好開始做個剪貼本了 |
How's your meal? | 你吃的如何 |
This might be the best Christmas I've ever had. | 這可能是我最快樂的一個圣誕節了 |
It's good. | 很好喝 |
Is that a martini? | 是馬丁尼嗎 |
Gibson. | 吉布森雞尾酒 |
I find the onion slightly more refined than the olive. | 我覺得洋蔥比橄欖更小資 |
蘇聯象棋錦標賽 瓦西里·博爾戈夫蟬聯獲勝 | |
I should probably learn how to speak Russian. | 我或許該學學怎么說俄語 |
Do they teach that at Fairfield? | 費爾菲爾德教這個嗎 |
I'd have to take a night class at the junior college. | 我得去大專上夜校 |
The kids would all be older than you. | 那些孩子都會比你大 |
And by kids, I mean boys. | 而且所謂孩子就是男孩 |
They say you're the real thing. | 他們說你是貨真價實的天才棋手 |
That's it, honey, hold it up so we can see it. | 就這樣親愛的拿穩了讓我們看到 |
So, can you tell the readers of life how it feels? | 你能告訴讀者這種生活是怎樣的嗎 |
I mean, to be a girl among all those men? | 一堆男人中只有你一個女孩 |
I don't mind it. | 我不介意 |
Isn't it intimidating? | 很嚇人嗎 |
I mean, when I was a girl, I wasn't allowed to be competitive. | 我還是女孩的時候大人不讓我爭強好勝 |
I played with dolls. | 我就玩玩娃娃 |
- Chess isn't always competitive. - No, but you play to win. | -象棋并不總是爭強好勝-對但你是為了贏 |
Yes, but chess can also be... | 對不過象棋也可以 |
What? | 怎么 |
Beautiful. | 很美 |
You're an orphan, Beth. | 你是個孤兒貝絲 |
Yes, I know that. | 對我知道 |
No, yes, of course you do. | 不是你當然知道 |
I was wondering how you learned to play chess. | 我是想問你是怎么學會下棋的 |
Mr. Shaibel taught me. | 夏貝先生教我的 |
He was the janitor at Methuen. | 他以前是梅休因孤兒院的管理員 |
A janitor taught you how to play? Really? | 一個管理員教你下象棋嗎真的假的 |
When I was eight. | 在我8歲的時候 |
I imagine... | 我猜 |
it must have been such a distraction from life | 這在你陰郁沉悶的生活中 |
in such a depressing place. | 肯定讓你快樂了不少 |
You must have been very lonely. | 你肯定很寂寞 |
I'm fine being alone. | 我不介意一個人 |
Do you imagine that you saw the king as a father, | 你是否把王想成父親 |
and the queen as a mother? | 把后想成母親呢 |
I mean, one to attack, one to protect? | 一個進攻另一個保護 |
They're just pieces. | 它們只是棋子 |
And anyway it was the board I noticed first. | 反正最開始吸引我的是棋盤 |
The board? | 棋盤 |
Yes. | 對 |
It's an entire world of just 64 squares. | 那是個由64個方格組成的世界 |
I feel... | 我感覺 |
safe in it. | 在里面很安全 |
I can control it, I can dominate it. | 我能控制它我能主宰它 |
And it's predictable. | 而且可預料 |
So, if I get hurt, I only have myself to blame. | 如果我受傷了那也只能怪自己 |
How interesting. | 真有意思 |
Tell me, Elizabeth. | 告訴我伊麗莎白 |
Have you ever heard of something called apophenia? | 你聽說過幻想性錯覺嗎 |
No, what's that? | 沒有那是什么 |
It's the finding of pattern or meaning where other people don't. | 是找到別人看不到的模式或意義 |
Sometimes, people with this condition get feelings | 有時還有這種癥狀的人會有 |
of revelation or ecstasies. | 陶醉或狂喜的情緒 |
Sometimes, people find patterns or meaning where there aren't any. | 有時他們會尋找根本不存在的模式或意義 |
What does that have to do with me? | 這跟我有什么關系 |
Creativity and psychosis often go hand in hand. | 創造力和精神分裂經常同時出現 |
Or, for that matter, genius and madness. | 或換句話說天才在左瘋子在右 |
You think I'm crazy? | 你覺得我瘋了嗎 |
- No, of course not. I was just asking-- - I think that's enough. | -不當然不是我只是想問-我覺得差不多了 |
Beth has homework to finish. | 貝絲還有作業 |
She is, after all, still a young woman in school. | 她畢竟還是個上學的孩子 |
- Just like all the other kids her age. - Yes, of course. | -就像她的同齡人一樣-當然 |
- It was an honor to meet you. - Thanks. | -很榮幸見到你-謝謝 |
You know... | 知道嗎 |
you might try bridge. | 你該學學橋牌 |
- I hear a lot of chess players enjoy it. - I'll show you out. | -我聽說很多象棋手喜歡玩-我送你出去 |
"With some people, chess is a pastime." | "對一些人而言象棋是消遣" |
"With others, it is a compulsion, even an addiction." | "而其他人是強迫癥甚至是上癮" |
"And every now and then, a person comes along | "然而時不常的會出現這樣一個人 |
for whom it is a birthright." | 于他而言象棋是天命" |
Now and then, a small boy appears | 時不常的會有個小男孩 |
and dazzles us with his precocity, | 用他的天賦和早慧 |
at what may be the world's most difficult game." | 在世上最難的游戲上驚詫眾人" |
"But what if that boy were a girl?" | "但如果這個男孩其實是女孩呢" |
"A young, unsmiling girl, with brown eyes, | "一位年輕寡笑的女孩有著棕色瞳仁 |
red hair, and a dark blue dress?" | 姜紅頭發身穿深藍裙裝" |
We started a chess club. | 我們有象棋社了 |
"Into the male-dominated world | "在這個男人主宰的世界 |
of the nation's top chess tournaments, | 全國頂級象棋錦標賽中 |
strolls a teenage girl with bright, intense eyes, | 闖入一位帶著明亮堅毅眼神的少女 |
from Fairfield High School in Lexington, Kentucky." | 她來自肯塔基州萊克星頓的費爾菲爾德高中" |
"She is quiet, well-mannered, | "她少言寡語彬彬有禮 |
and out for blood." | 在棋場大開殺戒" |
"Beth Harmon... " | "貝絲·哈蒙" |
Where was I? | 寫我的呢 |
It's all Greek, all of a sudden. | 突然全是希臘文了 |
It's okay, I've heard enough. | 沒事我聽夠了 |
I don't know why my body is so intent on sabotaging my brain, | 不知道為什么我的身體這么執意要摧毀我的腦子 |
when my brain is perfectly capable of sabotaging itself. | 明明我的腦子完全能自我摧毀 |
It's mostly about my being a girl. | 大多是關于我是個女孩 |
Well, you are one. | 你的確是 |
It shouldn't be that important. | 但這點不該這么重要 |
They didn't print half the things I said. | 我說的話他們一半都沒寫 |
They didn't tell about Mr. Shaibel, | 他們沒說夏貝先生 |
and they didn't say anything about how I play the Sicilian. | 他們沒說任何關于我怎么下西西里開局的事 |
Beth, dear, it makes you a celebrity. | 貝絲親愛的你成名人了 |
Yeah, for being a girl. | 對全因為我是個女孩 |
Did you ever think maybe it's the drinking | 你有沒有想過也許是喝酒 |
that's making you sick? | 讓你身體不舒服的 |
Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
I've flirted with alcohol most of my life. | 我已經調戲了酒大半輩子 |
If anything, I think | 就算有什么我想 |
it's high time I consummated the relationship. | 現在也是我們同房的時刻了 |
To motherhood. | 敬母親 |
Beth? | 貝絲 |
We're having a pledge party, | 我們要開入會派對 |
Friday night, my house. | 周五晚在我家 |
The other Apple Pis asked me to invite you. | 其他蘋果派的姑娘讓我邀請你 |
- Friday night? - 7:30. | -周五晚-7點半 |
Can you make it? | 你能來嗎 |
It was really something | 真了不起 |
to see you in the newspaper all those times. | 一直看到你登報 |
All those places you've been, which was your favorite? | 你去了那么多地方最喜歡哪里 |
I liked Houston. | 我喜歡休斯頓 |
But now that my rating's up to 1800, | 但現在我等級分已經1800了 |
I hope to go to Las Vegas | 我希望能去拉斯維加斯 |
to play in the US Open next month. | 參加下個月的美國公開賽 |
What about the boys? | 那男孩呢 |
Are they good-looking? | 他們帥嗎 |
Do you date any of them? | 你跟他們約會過嗎 |
There's not really much time for that. | 其實沒時間關注那些 |
But if you had the time... | 但如果你有時間 |
is there anyone you've met that you'd like to... | 如果有你喜歡的人你想跟他 |
trade rooks with, or whatever? | "切磋"的棋手 |
I mean, I trade rooks all the time, but it's not-- | 我一直跟棋手切磋棋藝但不是 |
I bet you do. | 我想也是 |
Now, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士們先生們 |
Hullabaloo proudly presents | 哈利布魯榮幸地為大家介紹 |
your favorite band from Turtle Creek... | 來自特特爾克里克各位最愛的樂隊 |
- Thank you, Dora. - ...The Vogues! | -謝謝朵拉-潮流樂隊 |
- Who wants a cupcake? - Yes, please. | -誰想要紙杯蛋糕-太好了 |
I love this song. Turn it up. | 我喜歡這首歌大聲點 |
Every time we meet | 每次我們相遇 |
Everything is sweet | 一切都甜如蜜 |
Oh, you're so tender I must surrender | 你如此溫柔令我淪陷 |
My love is your love now and forever | 我的愛就是你的愛直到永遠 |
You're the one that I long to kiss | 我渴望親吻你 |
Baby you're the one that I really miss | 寶貝我最想念的就是你 |
You're the one that I'm dreaming of | 我夢里出現的人是你 |
Baby, you're the one that I love... | 寶貝我愛的人是你 |
I'm gonna use the bathroom. | 我去下廁所 |
Harmon? | 哈蒙 |
Townes? | 陶恩斯 |
That is you. | 真的是你 |
My stars! You look... | 天吶你看上去 |
Thanks. | 謝謝 |
You're welcome. | 不客氣 |
I thought we might bump into each other | 我看到你的名字在錦標賽名單上時 |
when I saw your name on the tournament list. | 就想著我們可能會見面 |
- I didn't see yours. - I'm not playing. | -我沒看見你的-我不參賽 |
Chess Review sent me to write it up. | 《象棋天下》讓我來寫文章 |
Must confess, I was hoping to see you here last year. | 我不得不說去年我就希望能遇到你 |
I was supposed to. | 我本來是要來 |
I even paid the fee, but my mother got sick. | 連參賽費都交了但我母親生病了 |
- And I didn't want to come alone. - She all right? | -我不想一個人來-她還好嗎 |
Fine. | 還好 |
I should have come on my own, | 我應該一個人來 |
but I told myself | 但我告訴自己 |
that the Open's not as important as the US Championships. | 公開賽沒有全美錦標賽重要 |
Oh, no. No, it's not. | 不確實 |
But I'm sure glad you came. | 但我很開心你來了 |
It's probably a good idea for me to play in something | 或許這樣也好能參加一些 |
other than the events I pick for the money. | 不僅僅是贏獎金的比賽 |
Looks like you're making a lot. | 看起來你賺了不少 |
Yeah, I guess so. | 對是不少 |
Still, you could become a world-class player, be a real pro. | 不過你可以成為一個世界級的象棋手專業棋手 |
- I started taking Russian at night. - Oh, that's smart. | -我晚上在上俄語課-很明智 |
Don't wanna plateau. | 不想遇到瓶頸期 |
No, plateaus are the worst. | 那是瓶頸期最要命了 |
And you're far too old to be called a prodigy anymore. | 而且你現在大了已經不能叫你神童了 |
I should do something on you for the magazine. | 我該給雜志寫點關于你的故事 |
- I was on the cover last month. - Of course. | -上個月我是雜志封面-當然 |
I must have got it mixed up with the one in Life magazine. | 我肯定是和《生活》雜志搞混了 |
I also work for the Herald-Leader. | 我還在《哈羅德先驅者》工作 |
In Lexington? | 萊克星頓那個嗎 |
I could do a half-page on you for Sunday's paper. | 我可以在周日報上寫半頁你的專題報道 |
- Won't be as big a deal as Life, but-- - Yeah, sure. | -雖然不及《生活》影響力那么大但是-好啊 |
If you want to. | 如果你想 |
I got a camera in my room. | 我的房間里有相機 |
In your room? | 你的房間 |
Chess boards, too. We could play. | 也有象棋我們可以下幾局 |
Okay. | 好吧 |
Let's go up. | 我們上去吧 |
Why don't you sit over by the window? | 不如你去窗戶邊坐吧 |
- Uh, may I... - Oh, yeah, just toss them. | -我能...-可以隨便放就行 |
I wasn't ready. | 我沒準備好 |
You look great. | 你看著很棒 |
Scooch to your left. | 往左邊一點 |
That's right. | 沒錯 |
Say... | 說 |
"Ruy Lopez. " | "西班牙開局" |
You could go by the board. | 你可以坐到棋盤旁 |
Okay. | 好 |
I see you've done this before. | 看起來你不是新手 |
Do you want me to play? | 你想讓我下棋嗎 |
Sure. Black to move. | 行走黑棋 |
All right, slow down. | 悠著點 |
Yeah, that's more my-my speed. | 對這才是我的速度 |
You've grown up, Harmon. | 你長大了哈蒙 |
You've even gotten good-looking. | 你甚至變美了 |
I don't even know your first name. | 我還不知道你的名字 |
Everyone calls me Townes. | 大家都叫我陶恩斯 |
Maybe that's why I call you Harmon, instead of Elizabeth. | 或許正因為此我才叫你哈蒙而不是伊麗莎白 |
It's Beth. | 是貝絲 |
I like Harmon. | 我喜歡哈蒙 |
- Roger. - I'm not interrupting, am I? | -羅杰-我沒打擾你們吧 |
Th-That's okay. Uh, We're just... | 沒關系我們只是... |
Beth Harmon, this is Roger Dione. | 貝絲·哈蒙這是羅杰·迪翁 |
Harmon? The chess prodigy. | 哈蒙那個象棋天才 |
- I've heard so much about you. - Nice to meet you. | -久仰大名了-很高興認識你 |
I thought you were gonna play some baccarat? | 我以為你要去打牌玩百家樂呢 |
Thought I'd quit while I was behind and go read by the pool. | 我想著輸錢了就走人吧正好去泳池邊看書 |
You two carry on. I'll be gone in a minute. | 你們繼續我馬上就走 |
- Let's play chess. - Okay. | -我們下棋吧-好 |
Thanks. | 謝謝 |
Right. | 好了 |
Here we go. | 開始吧 |
Pleasure to meet you, Beth. | 很高興認識你貝絲 |
You too. | 你也是 |
Dinner's at nine. | 晚餐9點 |
Don't forget. | 別忘了 |
Marge, did your aunt leave you everything? | 瑪格你阿姨真的把一切都留給你了嗎 |
I was her only heir. | 我是她唯一的繼承人 |
Where have you been, honey? | 你去哪了親愛的 |
You've been gone for hours. | 你走了好幾個小時 |
- Playing chess. - I don't Wanna talk about it. | -在下棋-我不想談這個 |
- Practicing. - Okay. | -練習-好吧 |
That's all? | 就這樣 |
Yeah, that's all. | 就這樣 |
Well, it's the perfume I use that makes me smell so nice. | 是香水讓我這么好聞 |
肯塔基 D·L·陶恩斯 | |
Do me a favor and hand me a beer on the desk over there? | 你能幫忙把桌子上的啤酒拿給我嗎 |
What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
I think I've got one. I think I've got a gimmick. | 我覺得我有一個花招 |
A gimmick is an angle that works for you. | 花招就是一個能對你有作用的方法 |
To keep you from working too hard for yourself. | 為了不讓你為工作太辛苦 |
- Simple. - Specifically, what is your angle? | -很簡單-具體來說你的方法是什么 |
Specifically... | 具體來說 |
I suppose you've never had beer. | 你沒喝過啤酒吧 |
- All right, Sam. - Here. | -好吧山姆-來 |
Come here. | 來這里 |
My father used to work here as a mill hand. | 我父親以前在這里當磨坊工人 |
So did mine. When he was sober. | 我父親也是當他清醒的時候 |
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Not so fast. | 悠著點別喝這么快 |
Now, you're even. | 現在你扯平了 |
Now, I'm even. | 現在扯平了 |
I was 21 when I took it over. It had 3,000 workers then. | 我接手時才21歲當時有三千員工 |
It's got 30,000 now. | 現在有三萬 |
Ran as far as that gate, | 之前一直到那扇門那邊 |
now it goes down to the edge of the river. | 現在能到河旁邊 |
And I did it all by myself. | 全都靠我一個人 |
- Without Walter, without-- - I'd like another. | -沒有沃爾特沒有-我想再來一瓶 |
- All by myself. - You really shouldn't. | -全都靠我一個人-你不能喝了 |
Half of this should make quite a score. | 這一半應該非常有價值 |
All right. | 好吧 |
But if you're gonna have one, get me one, too. | 如果你要去拿一瓶也給我拿一瓶 |
That's What I had in mind. | 我也是這么想的 |
You went out of here a dirty kid once before, | 之前你離開這里像一個落魄的小孩 |
that can happen again. | 這有可能再次發生 |
Escape from clothesline drudgery, | 逃離晾衣繩的麻煩 |
but listen to Jinx first. | 但先聽聽金克絲怎么說 |
When you buy your dryer, be sure you get the best kind, | 買烘干機時一定要買最好的 |
a gas dryer. | 氣體烘干機 |
Your most delicate fabrics are safe in a gas dryer. | 最精細的布料放在氣體烘干機里很安全 |
See? A gentle stream of warm air | 看到了嗎一股暖流 |
sends the clothes' moisture away. | 把衣服上的濕氣吹走了 |
My first match was against this guy from Oklahoma. | 我的第一個對手是這個來自俄克拉荷馬的人 |
It was all over in two dozen moves. | 24步就結束了 |
Then, this guy from San Francisco. | 然后就是一個來自舊金山的人 |
I played the Marshall. | 我使用了馬歇爾反擊 |
Um, sacrificed my queen, the Way that Paul Morphy did one time. | 犧牲了后保羅·墨菲曾經做過一次 |
One more. | 再來一杯 |
What about, um... | 那個人 |
What's his name? The one you told me about. | 他叫什么來著你告訴過我 |
Bobby something? | 好像是波比 |
- Benny Watts. - Yes, him. | -本尼·瓦茨-就是他 |
No losses, but one draw. | 沒輸過但是有一個平局 |
Queens Gambit Declined is so well respected. | 使用拒后翼棄兵很受尊重 |
I've seen him a couple of times. | 我見過他幾次 |
Always got a crowd around him. | 身邊總有一群人 |
Well, of course, he's the US Champion. | 當然了他是美國冠軍 |
He's Benny Watts. | 他是本尼·瓦茨 |
Some people say he's the most talented American player | 有些人說繼墨菲之后他是最有天賦的 |
since Morphy. | 美國棋手 |
I read about a game he played in Copenhagen, | 我讀過他在哥本哈根下的一局棋 |
a draw against Naj Dorf. | 一場對陣納爾·多夫的平局 |
That was in 1948, | 那是在1948年 |
which means that Benny was eight years old. | 也就是說本尼那時八歲 |
I've seen a picture of him at 13 | 我見過一張他在13歲的照片 |
in front of a whole bunch of sailors. | 站在一群水手前面 |
He played against the entire team | 他和安納波利斯的 |
at Annapolis without losing a game. | 整支隊伍對弈過沒輸過一場 |
Sounds like someone else I know. | 聽起來像我認識的一個人 |
When I was nine, I was playing Mr. Shaibel in the basement. | 我九歲的時候和夏貝先生在地下室下棋 |
Anyway, I'm not afraid of him. | 無論如何我不怕他 |
I don't suppose there's anyone you're afraid of. | 我不覺得你會怕什么人 |
There is one player that scares me. | 有一個棋手嚇到了我 |
Who? | 誰 |
The Russian. | 那個俄國人 |
Borgov. | 博爾戈夫 |
It's a lot more of a dynamic game than the Caro. | 比卡羅防御的變化多得多 |
Which is not the case with QGD versus Slav. | 但拒后翼棄兵對上斯拉夫開局就不一樣了 |
You're Beth Harmon. | 你是貝絲·哈蒙 |
Yes. | 對 |
I saw the piece in Life. | 我看到《生活》雜志的采訪了 |
Game they printed, that was a pretty one. | 他們發表的那場比賽很精彩 |
The one with you and Beltik. | 你和貝爾蒂克下的那場 |
Thank you. | 多謝 |
- I'm, uh, Benny Watts. - I know. | -我是本尼·瓦茨-我知道 |
We met a couple of years ago in Cincinnati. | 我們幾年前在辛辛那提見過 |
Didn't meet, but we spoke. | 沒交手但是說過話 |
- Cincinnati? - You didn't play that year. | -辛辛那提-你那年沒參加比賽 |
Okay, I'll take your word for it. | 好吧我相信你 |
Guess I'll see you tomorrow. | 明天見 |
You shouldn't have castled. | 你不應該使用王車易位 |
In your game with Beltik. | 那場和貝爾蒂克的對局 |
I needed to get the rook out. | 我得救我的車 |
Well, you could have lost your advantage. | 你那么做很可能會失去優勢 |
I don't think so. | 我不這么認為 |
He plays pawn-takes-pawn. You can't take back. | 他要是兵吃兵你就救不回來了 |
Wait a minute. | 等等 |
I can't. I got an adjournment I gotta go play. | 不行我還有盤棋要回去下 |
But set it up, think it out. | 但模擬一下想一想 |
Your problem is your queen knight. | 你的問題在于后翼馬 |
I don't Want to set it up and think it out. | 我不想再模擬和思考 |
Beltik could have beat me. | 貝爾蒂克本能擊敗我 |
But he didn't. | 他沒有 |
Yes, but he could have. | 但是他有機會 |
What's worse is I didn't even see it. | 更糟的是我都沒有看出來 |
Benny Watts, just by reading about a player | 本尼·瓦茨僅僅是讀了一名 |
he knows nothing about, | 他不認識的棋手 |
he picks it up. | 他就明白了 |
I was so proud of myself when I found an error in a Morphy game, | 當我發現墨菲棋局中的錯誤時我很自豪 |
and now someone's done it to me. | 現在有人也發現了我的錯誤 |
Stop thinking about what might have happened in the past, | 別再想以前可能發生什么了 |
and get some sleep. | 睡覺吧 |
So stupid! | 太傻了 |
Pawn to bishop four, right? | 兵走象線第四格對嗎 |
Yes. | 沒錯 |
I thought he could see what I was planning. | 我以為他能看出來我的打算 |
I thought he could hear my heart beating, | 我以為他能聽到我的心跳 |
and know how panicked I was. | 知道我深陷恐慌 |
He still had time to get out of it. | 他仍然有時間解局 |
But he took the piece just as I planned. | 但他走了我希望他走的子 |
I went into that game with a perfect score. | 開始對局之前我是滿勝晉級 |
Benny had two draws, so a draw would give me the title. | 本尼有兩個平局所以一場平局我就能贏 |
I wanted to win. | 但我想贏 |
I wanted to hammer his weaknesses. | 我想打擊他的弱點 |
I wanted to show that fucking pirate that I could beat him, | 我想告訴那個該死的海盜我能獲勝 |
even though I didn't play the way he thought I should. | 即便我沒有按他設想的那樣下棋 |
Then, he captured my center pawn, my protected pawn, | 但后來他吃掉了我中間的兵受保護的兵 |
the pawn that had held his queen to her corner | 那個在大半場比賽中都把他的后 |
for most of the game. | 壓制到角落的兵 |
I don't understand. | 我不懂 |
He forced an exchange of queens. | 他逼我以后換后 |
Couldn't believe it. | 簡直不敢相信 |
And then I saw what it meant. | 然后我就想通了 |
With the pawn gone, I was open to a rook-bishop mate, | 那個兵沒了我就有可能被車和象將殺 |
because of the bishop on the open diagonal. | 因為象處在開放斜對角線上 |
I could protect my retreating knight | 我可以把一個車移過去 |
by moving one of the rooks over, | 保護馬撤退 |
but the protection wouldn't last, | 但這種保護不會持久 |
because his fucking, innocent-looking knight | 因為他那該死的看起來沒什么用的馬 |
would block my king's escape. | 阻擋了王的逃脫路線 |
The more I looked, the worse it all became. | 我越看形勢就越糟糕 |
Caught me completely off guard. | 讓我完全措手不及 |
It was brutal. | 太殘忍了 |
It's the kind of thing I did to other people. | 這是我對其他人做過的事 |
Kind of thing that Morphy did, and I missed it. | 墨菲也是這樣但我漏掉了 |
I'd been thinking about doubled pawns. | 我一直在想疊兵 |
You were thinking about winning. | 你只想要贏 |
What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
I needed a counterthreat. | 我需要反擊 |
A move that would stop him in his tracks, but there wasn't any. | 可以阻止他的一步但是我沒找到 |
I spent half an hour studying the board, | 我用了半個小時研究棋盤 |
and decided that Benny's move was even sounder than I thought. | 然后發現本尼的走子比我想象的還要合理 |
I thought maybe I could trade my way out of it | 我以為如果他進攻得太快了 |
if he attacked too fast, but... | 我就能找到一條出路但 |
he was careful. | 他很小心 |
I had to retreat, but he kept coming. | 我不得不撤退他卻不斷向前 |
I wanted to scream. | 我很想尖叫 |
You resign, now. | 你該認輸了 |
Tough game. | 困難的一局 |
You'll split the prize money. | 你們會平分獎金 |
You'll be co-champions. | 你們都是冠軍 |
You will still get a trophy, albeit a smaller one. | 你仍然會得到一個獎杯盡管較小 |
It happens all the time. | 這種事經常發生 |
I made some inquiries. | 我查過了 |
The Open Championship is often shared. | 公開賽經常會有雙冠軍 |
I didn't see what he was doing. | 我看不出來他在做什么 |
You can't finesse everything all the time. | 你不可能總是事事完美 |
Nobody can. | 沒有人能 |
You don't know anything about chess. | 你一點都不懂象棋 |
- I know what it feels like to lose. - Yeah, I bet you do. | -我知道輸是什么感覺-可不是嘛 |
And now you do, too. | 現在你也知道了 |
Harmon! | 哈蒙 |
I'm sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
Why? | 為什么 |
I know how badly you wanted to beat Benny. | 我知道你有多想打敗本尼 |
You'll get another shot. | 你還會有機會的 |
Doesn't matter. | 無所謂了 |
Give my best to Roger. | 代我向羅杰問好 |
Beth! | 貝絲 |
Why does the sun go on shining? | 為什么太陽仍然閃耀 |
Why does the sea rush to shore? | 為什么海浪更迭不息 |
Don't they know | 它們難道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 這就是世界末日 |
When you don't love me anymore | 當你不再愛我 |
Why does my heart go on beating? | 為什么心臟仍在跳動 |
Why do these eyes of mine cry? | 為什么眼睛悲傷低泣 |
Don't they know | 它們難道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 這就是世界末日 |
It ended when you said goodbye | 當你跟我告別 |
I Wake up in the morning and I wonder | 今早我醒來困惑不已 |
Why everything's the same as it was | 為什么一切仍是原樣 |
And I can't understand | 我也不能理解 |
Why life goes on the way it does | 為什么生活會這樣繼續 |
Why do the birds go on singing? | 為什么鳥兒仍在歌唱 |
Why do the stars shine above? | 為什么星星閃亮夜空 |
Don't they know | 它們難道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 這就是世界末日 |
It ended | 當你 |
When you said | 跟我 |
Good-bye | 告別 |
獲取完整的劇集臺詞和單詞統計,請移步贊賞區(無需贊賞),關鍵字“女王的棋局”